biker girl on discovery

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
THIS IS A RANT

If you haven't seen the show i'll give ya a quick run down.. ]

a chic is into sport biking and decides shes gonna go racing.. so instead of using her everyday bike she goes and buys a new zx600rr and wants to get it painted before her first race.. which is about 2 weeks away or something...   theres more to the "whole" story than that.. but this was the only part thats worth talking about..

so she takes her brand new bike to this hot shot custom painted somewhere in canada i missed the name of the place.. to get it custom painted.. and the guy is just a total freaking ass about everything...   he asks what she wants and she tells him the following.. almost word for word..

I'm thinking I want pink.. with tropical flowers at the front with some of the petals flying off like the wind is blowing them off..

He actually tells her that other than the pink, and the flower thing he likes it..   then he argues around with her about the colors and he finally says well your the customer so I guess you get to win a round every once in awhile... The only reason he did that was because I think he finally realized she would never relent on the color.

personally i would have already walked out.. but anyway

she shows him her personal bike and he's like "thats the most boring thing i've ever seen..., no offense"   haha.. which it is a pink and purple sport bike.. but damn.. ya know.   being honest, and being offensive are two different things. hehe she tells him it's won trophys in bike shows.. and he's just like.. must not have been anybody there.... how many of you would have stuck around for this bullshit?

I really couldn't believe she let these wankers paint her bike.

you know in the reality shows and stuff they have those little confessionals or whatever where the people talk about everybody else... hehe this effin' painter is talking trash about her everytime they put the camera on him.. at one point he was talking about how he would hate to be her boyfriend... hehe

I'm not complaining that he didn't like her idea, or her either for that matter.. you don't have to "like" the customer, or their opinions to provide decent service.   Damn though, what a choad.   Talk about customer DIS-appreciation..  she gets the fuggin' tools business put on the damn DISCOVERY channel.. and he can't even attempt to give her what she wants?  

he finally convinces her to do some generic "paint ripping off" thing which looks typically boring when he gets done...  and bitches about her, and the bike the whole time.

in his defense she was supposed to come help put it back together at like 10am and didn't show up til 1 i think..

she does go do the racing thing.. amateurs, and pro's racing on the same circuit.. she doesn't get lapped,, or wreck.. they don't say where she finished.. but she obviously held her own anyway.. espicially considering it was damn near the first time she ever rode the bike.

<!--EDIT|pure_ego
Reason for Edit: "cuz I wasn't done"|1088361406 -->

I seened part of the show.To me

NICE CHIC+SPORTBIKE+LEATHER SUIT= SEXY!!
smile.gif

ego, you missed the part of this equasion where reality shows pull you into to caring enough to sit and listen all the way thru about people back stabbing and b!tching about others behind their back. that's their entire point and you fell for it completely. I had to stop reading your review or else I would be sucked into it also. I watched that chopper show like once, and never needed to see it again. why is it that the human condition considers BAD stuff [backstabbing and people hurting each other] to be forms of entertainment? some things do not need to been seen. it's like cigarettes - everyone knows they are bad for you, yet they are still sold and marketed anyway... because they make money for someone else.

notice how many shows suck you in via morbid curiosity - same reason we slow down to look at accidents. are accidents entertaining too?

keep in mind you were watching a "SHOW" designed and edited to keep you interested - much like slot machines programmed to hit patterns that make you think you ALMOST won, and should keep trying. I like that one phrase: "There's a reason they call it TV >>PROGRAMMING<< "
There it is
smile.gif

Back on topic, I saw a woman racer at the last track I went to - normal looking blue SV650 - and she did GREAT! almost in teh advanced class if I recall. biker girl or whoever it is, is just another UNreality show

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088365578 -->

PE -

Hey.. I was wondering.. Could you maybe change you color to something more difficult to read and make the font just a little smaller, I mean I already have to copy and past it into word, change the color to black, enlarge the font and make it bold, might as well make it harder to see so it can be more of a challenge to make it readable..

poke.gif

Probably just my age, ever since I hit 41 my eye sight is getting worse, and no fricken jokes about "you mother warned you!!!!"

biggrin.gif

I saw it too. She should have kicked his @ss for talking bad about her choice of color because she was paying for it! She could also ride. I only know of a few women sport bike riders, and I ride with one who has a 929. I hate she got bad exposure on the show. I wish my wife would ride.

it wasn't a reality show wwjd... just a documentary... maybe you should have read the post... ya know before you replied an all... seems like a good way to be on the same subject.

thrasher... i didnt realize it was hard to read this color... nobody had complained before.. sorry.

i doubt i'll change it... but i am sorry for all the work you go thru to read my posts though... its worth though aint it? lol

if it was REALLY just a documentary, why did they use reality show style and dialog? ;) what it IS and what THEY CALL IT, don't have to match up. they just want viewers

That show sucked...PERIOD...

I viewed it as an insult to gals that ride...most of the show focused on her "fashion show" she was trying to get organized...she came across as bratty and pushy, demanding and not willing to accept responsibility for many of the things that weren't going "right" in her little world...

Since the shows are so edited, it's hard to say what's in fact truth vs. what's "good for TV", but I will have to say that Discovery Channel did a piss poor job of showing what it's like for females on the track...I wished they'd focused on the "lower maintenance" gals they showed at the track on race day...I'm sure there would have been less drama, more seriousness while showing race girls...

In defense of the guy and gal that painted her bike...it seemed they were given almost no time, had a gal that couldn't describe what she wanted (and admitted that), and then she tied up his shop with her project, showed up late to pick it up setting him further back...umm, yeah, I'm not feeling the sympathy for her here...she's too fuggin' high maintenance...and who in the hell paints a bike just for a race, then hops on the track having never been on that bike before? Can you say "ornament"?
rock.gif

Kudos to Discovery for making viewers think that all gals on bikes like fashion shows and enjoy throwing fits when things don't go their way...wait...am I throwing a fit?!
tounge.gif

Regardless of whether the show was a documentary or reality show... I agree with pure ego. That guy played the role of "bobo" really well. I saw the show last night on the Discovery Channel, and if I remember correctly, the name of the shop was D & B Customs, or some chit like that.

lame show or not , there seems to be a lot more shows about bikes. that is a good thing for all bikers, and watching paulie get chewed out by sr. brings back thoughts of my youth and me dear old dad.

That show sucked...PERIOD...
Yes, what was up with the fashion show? Garbage.
I didn't see the whole show, I came in just before the fashion show. The whole time I'm thinking, ok, show the girl riding!!! I'll reserve judegement until I see her ride! Then they didn't show but about 2 seconds of her riding. The thing that really got me is that the other racers were talking trash about her before they saw her ride, then had to eat their words. I hope this "reality" show craze passes soon.

Back