My Wife saves a Highside!!!

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
So I finally talked my wife into her first trackday and she highsides on session 4 but saves it!! Crazy save!!

Tiffany101212 - YouTube

Chain of events;
She lets the clutch out to quick and has a wobble that knocks her feet off the pegs.
She pulls the clutch back in and re-gathers herself.
Now she's at her turn in point and leans into the corner.
She lets the clutch out too fast while leaned over and rear-end steps WAY out!
She thinks she is going to low side, is cool with it, at least she won't get hurt.
For some reason she pulls the clutch back in, rear wheel grabs, highside iniated!!
And she holds on like a gorilla, smacks her foot on the ground toe down and saves the bike.
Everything is all good, except she's gonna lose her big toe nail.

Charles, that is so amazing! I'm so glad for both you and your wife, first....that she didn't launch herself and second.....the kind of learning and addl focusing ability an event like that fosters. Good for her and I hope her toe heals quickly! Doyle

That's really good video Charles! Glad she didn't get bucked off. The toe nail is a small price to pay in a situation like that. I'm sure you will school her well on corner set up and I'd bet hard cash she won't make that particular mistake again.

I am impressed that she went right back out without hesitation and never missed a beat! :bowdown:

I bet is scary to see your wife almost go down like that.!! Glad she didn't go down and she should be able to save some money at the pedicure place with one less toe nail. :hide: :laugh:. I'm sorry for the bad joke!! Hope it heels up quick!!

Like a gorilla? wth?

Shes a dainty flower bro!

She holds on like a rose pedal or the last leaf in autumn maybe

Very impressive! Not only did she go back out, she made a pass on another rider. Goooo girl go :cheerleader:

Wow. That was a great save. I'm not sure I could have kept on rolling after that. Good for her!

That's pretty sad dude. It's obvious your wife is seeing Rossi on the side. Where else could she get moves like that? Glad it all worked out. Great post:bowdown:

Thanks for concern, she could have been hurt worse. Glad it was at the track where there was room to save it. Out on a mountain road, that would have been a wreck.

Yeah Lamb, her hands are freakishly strong! Not the arms, but the grip!

Nice save!! There are positives to smacking your foot. I had a ZOMBIE TOENAIL that I scared children with for almost an entire year. Then it fell off, the toenail that is. GO TO SLEEP OR DADDY BREAKS OUT THE ZOMBIE TOENAIL and TOUCHES YOU WITH IT!!.

Back