Bike Stand

The ones with spools are much more secure in my opinion. Without spools, it just uses pads that act like a shelf to hold the swingarm. Problem is they can slide down when you are wrenching on the bike, and it can get ugly quick... :beerchug:

The ones with spools are much more secure in my opinion. Without spools, it just uses pads that act like a shelf to hold the swingarm. Problem is they can slide down when you are wrenching on the bike, and it can get ugly quick... :beerchug:

So the spools replace the pads but how do they connect to the bike?

You bolt little "spools" to the swingarm. There are actually threaded holes in the bottom of your swingarm (like a little boss on there with a threaded hole) and the "hooks" of the stand hook on those "spools" and the stand swings up on those.
Super easy to see once you "see" it... :thumbsup:

here. This will explain everything..

- Sportbike Rear Stands[/url]

:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
PITBULL Had mine since 02' My friend used it for 3 years straight in his bike shop. I have the stand back with me and its still sturdy as new. You get what you pay for when it comes to bike stands.

Pitbull all the way! Great stands, easy to use, no scratches! I got the pitbull secure system for my trailer too....awesome!:cheerleader:

I have the vortex front and rear. They weren't very expensive compared to some of the others and seem just as heavy duty. Bought the spools separately and the correct pin for the front stand to lift from the lower triple.

Back