Stands

(00Negative @ Apr. 26 2007,14:04) Thanx for the info... but I don't keep the grab bars on mine.
I don't keep the grab bars on mine either and I always put it on the rear stand by myself.  Here's how I do it:

Stand on the RIGHT of the bike even with the rear passenger peg.

Right hip against seat cowl (right about where the hole is that many people cover with fairing screens)

Hold stand with left hand and line up with LEFT spool (chain side) so the spool is in the stand (bike is still on side stand at this point)

Now, rock the bike up off the side stand against your right hip.  I grab under the far side (left side) at the left rear passenger peg and pull the bike off the side stand.  At the same time you should keep the pressure on the stand so the left spool stays in the stand.  Line up the right spool onto the stand.  I am tall enough that I can look around the back of the tire and see that both spools are seated firmly in the stand.

You can now simply balance the bike on the rear stand and visually double check that the spools are in the stand before lifting the bike.

I like to do it from the opposite side of the sidestand because I am between my bike and the ground on one side, and the side stand is on the other.  Its easy to just push the bike back toward the side stand if it gets off balance.  I wouldn't want to be on the opposite side and have the bike fall away from me and not have the securiity of a side stand to stop it from hitting the ground.

Its spooky the first couple times, but after you do it a few times its no big deal.

I have "T" rex stands they are ok BUT i had the chance to use the Red Lines that Randy-n-Dawn Bought/Won and let me tell you hands down real nice stands for sure..

Next time Red line for me..
bowdown.gif

Late reply but thanx for the info SpeedGeek.

I'm trying to find a decent place to order one (Pitbull stand) from so I can have it next week. I'm in desperate (okay, not that bad) need of adjusting the suspension on the bike.

I also need to order new springs for the front (260lbs).

(00Negative @ Apr. 26 2007,12:04) Thanx for the info... but I don't keep the grab bars on mine.
I don't either but I put the grab bar on when I want to put it on the stand. Takes all of less than 2 minutes to put the grab bar on and I have something stable to help get it on the stand.

(Shanling @ May 10 2007,19:50)
(00Negative @ Apr. 26 2007,12:04) Thanx for the info... but I don't keep the grab bars on mine.
I don't either but I put the grab bar on when I want to put it on the stand. Takes all of less than 2 minutes to put the grab bar on and I have something stable to help get it on the stand.
"OH" the Joy of being Married  
biggrin.gif
. I just get my wife to stablize the bike  
jump9.gif

Nice!

Is there a particular model I need to buy? I'm looking to place the order tonight or tomorrow morning. After checking Ebay of course.

Nice!

Is there a particular model I need to buy? I'm looking to place the order tonight or tomorrow morning. After checking Ebay of course.

(icehead @ Apr. 24 2007,20:16) I want to get some stands for my Busa. what are the best and sturdiest stands to get. thanks
REDLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(darth frosty @ Apr. 25 2007,15:26) Co-sign on the T-rex stands.  About $100 TYD front and back, cant beat the price.  And real easy to use.
beerchug.gif
Yep!

Back