Stands 101?

I have a T-Rex front and rear stand and the quality is good enough to suit my purposes. They have supported my bikes for over 3 seasons without a hint of a problem. The best way that i find to put the bike up on the rear stand without having the grab rail on is to put my shed ramp under the side stand. It gets it just about straight without the danger of falling over to the right...

Nice pics , powers739!!!!
beerchug.gif

I have the same bike!!!!!

(heavybusa @ Feb. 19 2007,10:24) So first off, PM redlinestands our board sponsor they will take care of you.

This is what my current stands look like to give you an idea

IMG_0124.jpg
i just did a little pictorial on the redline stands. I warn you they are pricey but they are functional...... no regrets

(RCKTMAN @ Feb. 19 2007,20:50)
(heavybusa @ Feb. 19 2007,10:24) So first off, PM redlinestands our board sponsor they will take care of you.

This is what my current stands look like to give you an idea

IMG_0124.jpg
i just did a little pictorial on the redline stands. I warn you they are pricey but they are functional...... no regrets
beerchug.gif
Good to know! I would not buy these stands again.

I use the PitBull front stem stand and rear stands. Excellent quality and easy to use. One thing about them I have found very useful is you dont have to have spools in the rear, you can flip the pad around and lift it using the swingarm itself.

As for being lowered, Heavy may have meant slammed in the weeds not sure, but only issue with the stem stand up front with mine lowered, I have to remove the undernose/chin panel (one sitting above the front fender).

GL with the search.

Charlie

(reiny @ Feb. 19 2007,20:15) Nice pics , powers739!!!!
beerchug.gif

I have the same bike!!!!!
Now I have to go out and check the garage to see if my bike is still there...

I like the Suzuki rear stand I found, I like the shape of the lifting area other than just a stem sticking out. I wish I could find a front stand just like it. But in the mean time I will use the pit bull...

DSC03905.jpg

Is anyone just using the center stand from Suzuki? Price is about the same as a stand and you get to carry it with you everywhere you go.

(FadeTwoBlack @ Feb. 20 2007,12:39) Is anyone just using the center stand from Suzuki? Price is about the same as a stand and you get to carry it with you everywhere you go.
The Suzuki center stand works with a number of aftermarket 4-1's . M4 , Yoshimura are a couple of them .

Come stormy weather I feel a little better about it not being as apt to getting knocked over by the wind while on trips + chain maintence while on the road is much easier done .

(05BusaLe @ Feb. 19 2007,10:42)
(monster @ Feb. 19 2007,13:39)
(heavybusa @ Feb. 19 2007,13:37) They work well, the only down side is I now need a jack to get on the rear stand because of the extension.
I like them but if you don't have the grab rail on good luck getting the rear up!
Redline makes one that you can get the rear up with the bike on the side stand- way kewl!
Need the name, part number, link
poke.gif

Great feedback guys. There is a ton of good info in this thread! At any rate, I just got off the phone with the parts guy at the local Suzuki shop. I had to convince him that yes, Suzuki did indeed make a center stand for the Hayabusa. After I gave him the part number he looked it up and then wiped a whole bunch of egg off his face. Long story short, I have the center stand on order.

I like to do long distance rides, so the center stand will be of greater value when I'm out in the middle of nowhere if something goes wrong. It also solves the kick stand issue so many of you talk about. I'll post up pics on the install once it gets here.

Thanks again for all the replies!  
bowdown.gif
 You guys rock!

Adding a center stand was was of my winter mods this year.

Had to 'flex' the stock pipes got get all the bolts in place.

(Bokey @ Feb. 20 2007,11:32) Had to 'flex' the stock pipes got get all the bolts in place.
Great.
rock.gif
Something to look forward to...

Is a portion of the bodywork left off after the install? Or is it that you simply have to remove it first to install and then you put it back on?

The belly wing won't go back on.
You can buy the support bar that uses the two front bolts that held on the belly wing in the front. It will keep the fairing together.(Suz p/n 94590-24F00).
I also installed the rubber bumper on the left exhaust (Suz p/n 09321-10017).
Less that $10.

I didn't install the longer bank sensor on the footrest (Suz p/n 43576-48B10).

If you buy the whole kit all these parts will come with it. I got my stand used and it was missing these parts.

Belly Wing?

I had the front right faring off Sunday for an oil change, I'm guessing the belly wing is the piece that is underneath and back behind the fairing. Is that correct?

Is there an on-line parts microfiche anywhere? I hate asking all these questions.

Thanks!

Back