before the zx11 fastest bike?

And I think the fact that they are getting performance like that out of the 600 class is my point. Hell the 1000 classes are almost as fast(GSXR 1000 in the high 9's in CW last month) as our 1300/1400 bikes.I mean there hasn't been an improvement in the Busa in how many years now?In my opinion the ZX14 is only marginally quicker than the Busa.I think you see improvement in those classes as they are demanded by the competion of all manufactures being involved.Sometimes I think Suzuki and Kawi have agreements on who's going to be faster for the next couple of years.I think that was my point,I just took the long way to get there.

I see what you are saying, I agree they have been slow in improving hyper bikes. I think it is because they are afraid of government regulation if they continue going balls out......

(speed750 @ Oct. 22 2006,17:08) OK, here's one bike nobody has brought up yet. 83-84 Kawi GPZ 750 TURBO. I believe it was the first bike in the 10's (wouldn't swear by it). This bike made 112 bhp which was a ton back in those days.
I was wondering when someone would bring this bike up. I remember magazine ads claiming that it was the king of the quarter mile - not sure about top speed. I "thought" it dethroned the V-65 Magna at least in the quarter.

In the movie Top Gun I was told it was a GPZ 750 Turbo and my previous bike to the Busa was a ZX11 2000 with a stage one jet kit and full racing Muzzy exhuast and it dyno'd at a 144 rear wheel horse power. Raced a stock 99 Busa from stand still to top end and there was not much difference in the lower gears until we both hit the last two gears and thats where the Busa started to pull away.

Here ya go. My old 90 ZX-10.

zx10.jpg

(falcon75 @ Nov. 07 2006,01:43) In the movie Top Gun I was told it was a GPZ 750 Turbo and my previous bike to the Busa was a ZX11 2000 with a stage one jet kit and full racing Muzzy exhuast and it dyno'd at a 144 rear wheel horse power. Raced a stock 99 Busa from stand still to top end and there was not much difference in the lower gears until we both hit the last two gears and thats where the Busa started to pull away.
Top Gun biker was a GPz 900 Ninja, the original Ninja. If your ZX11 hung with a Busa from a stop the guy on the Busa didn't know how to ride, or weighed like 100lbs more than you.

You are correct, I have owned all three...

1987 All Black ZX-1000R,
1992 All Black ZX11C
2003 Silver and Grey Hayabusa.

All great machines......

:thumbsup:

Corection, never owned a Blackbird , but have rode one, very nice smooth bikes, mentions should also go to to:

FZ-1000R Genesis 20 valve engines..very fast bikes
V65 Magna, very fast smooth naked bike.
V-Max, very fast smooth naked bike.

Going back a few years further you would have to also include:
GS1150
GPZ750 Turbo
Yamaha Seca Turbo.

back in 1989 when I bought my first bike, I got a magazine dont remmeber the name but it was on the fastes bikes of the year.. problem the same magazine we read today.. the yahmaha was the fastes I believe it was the fzr 1000, it also had the best braking as well, then was the ninja the gsxr then hurricane I believe.. it was only a few mph difference. but when I went to the yamaha dealer to look at them these bikes were $8500. thats a lot money for a sportbike back then, I bought a new gsxr 1100 for $6599.. the 750's were $5599...I got to race a new ninja back then, and right upto 150mph he was right next to me.. i did 170mph on that bone stock gsxr at 11000 rpms, as soon as it hit 11grand I looked at the speedo..
and this is the bike..
yea that was me back in 1989.. damm, what was going on with me..lol.

1989 gsxr.jpg

1989 gsxr 2.jpg

DSC06034.JPG

Back