2008 Buell Peg Mod

Gen 2 springs cannot be used with the Buell pegs ?  If not why... I'm assuming they are too big?  Hence the necessity for Gen 1 springs only?
rock.gif
The 2008 Busa peg spring is smaller diameter than the 99-07. The 2008 spring can be forced over the sleeves or bushings,.....but it will leave scratches. The Gen 1 springs are only 5 or 6 dollars for the two springs from a dealer.

Joe is great to work with on the Buell Pegs.. You will end up around $85.00 total. The pegs drop your feet about 2 inches, with no difference in clearance to the ground..
How do you not lose ground clearance?  Do you have a before and after shot?
You do not lose ground clearance because of the feeler on the stock peg. The Buell has the same distance to the ground as the stocker with the feeler still in place.

You do have to change your riding habits a bit in the twisties. Although the pegs are no lower,........your feet are lower. Riding the twisties with your heels on the pegs can cause your toes to contact the pavement. Keep your toes on the pegs in hard lean situations!

When installing the predone kit,What adjustments has to be done to brake or shifter on a 2008 ??

Thanks.

When installing the predone kit,What adjustments has to be done to brake or shifter on a 2008 ??

Thanks.
I did make adjustments to both the shifter and brake lever. They are very simple and take about 2 minutes. You simply loosen the two nuts on the shift linkage rod, and twist the rod until the shifter is down where you want it. The brake lever is a simple one nut turn as well (there is a backing nut to loosen first)and the brake light wire loom simply unplugs so you don't twist the wires up when you adjust the brake light sensor. (you may have to adjust the brake light sensor if you go down a certain distance on the brake lever. It simply twists to move up/down after loosening a locking nut as well...)

Joe sends complete instructions with his kit.. His kit is well worth the small amount of $$ to make the job simple and painless.....
thumb_up.gif
beerchug.gif

Thanks.
I just installed mine on my '08. While I haven't ridden yet, I'm not sure I'm gonna need adjustments. With size 15 feet--I've got lots of "surface" area to hit brakes & shifter!

THANKS, Guys!! It is a GREAT feeling to know that individuals are getting such enjoyment from a more comfortable riding position.

I just ordered a set last week. They should arrive tomorrow.

Great seller to work with.

Bird..... is there a specific part # or model # that you need to ask for?
rock.gif
No Partner, just contact Joe via PM, and let him know the year of your bike.. The only difference between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 bikes is the spring size. He will ship a set of Gen 1 springs in the kit if you have an 08'.. It is really easy to adjust the shift and brake levers as well, as he supplies full instructions w/pics to boot.. I believe his contact info. is GSX1300R, but let me double check and re-post to let you know for sure..
I need a way to contact Joe to order these. Please post or pm.Thanks

Bird..... is there a specific part # or model # that you need to ask for?
rock.gif
No Partner, just contact Joe via PM, and let him know the year of your bike.. The only difference between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 bikes is the spring size. He will ship a set of Gen 1 springs in the kit if you have an 08'.. It is really easy to adjust the shift and brake levers as well, as he supplies full instructions w/pics to boot.. I believe his contact info. is GSX1300R, but let me double check and re-post to let you know for sure..
I need a way to contact Joe to order these. Please post or pm.Thanks
Thanks, Bruce! Your package is in the mail tomorrow!!

Just put mine on today on my 2008.
thumb_up.gif

Look good, my bike has 0 miles but feel good sitting on bike.

another shows new BUELL PEG and stocker on my 2008
hello.gif

They feel good , i dont think i will have to adjust brake or shifter.

2006_0830Image0003.JPG

Back