Buell peg mod

Harleyrocker

Registered
I just received my Buell pegs from Joe(GSX1300R-T) . I have installed them and WOW what a big difference , This is a MUST DO mod, Thanks Joe , great product and directions. SWEET. It is raining and cold so I cant test it out, just my luck

I just did as well, definately more cumfy, cept for the stand being slightly in the way, looking into aftermarket there as well, Any problems with the stand in your situation?

had the kickstand-problem, too. an aftermarket stand won´t be a solution, as i already have one and had problems getting my feet under the lever, cause the kickstand takes place there. this problem will hit all guys with peg-mod setting gear-lever to a very low position. to solve the problem i took the lever and cutted the "pin" at the base. then i drilled a hole and placed a longer one-off pin. now there is no more need to bring the shoe to the area the kickstand reaches in. the new pin is about one inch longer than oem. seems to work fine, did just a short testride as weather is lousy.

i can do some pix this weekend. i´m planing to do a second version of the lever mod, so i´ll try to post pix of each these days if wanted.

When you adjust the shifter low enough to match the new peg position it interferes with the kickstand. It's not a problem on mine, but shifter adjustment is personal preference anyway. :D

I absolutely love my buell pegs. Knees don't hurt after an hour anymore, and my legs actually fit in the tank scallops.

to keep the same lever-setup after installing buell pegs, you have to lower the levers, too. if you like a very low setup (like i do), you get in serious trouble. the gearlever touches the sidestand when trying to hit first gear:

fu1.JPG

issue no2: the sidestand is much closer to the foodpeg an reduces clearance from shoe to lever. so i wasnt´t able to reach the lever as before the mod. this problem is the easier one to solve. i cutted the "pin" and made a new, about an inch longer one:

fu2.JPG

but what about problem no1? i decided to mod a gearlever a way, i won´t touch the stand, even in a very low position. so i bought an aftermarket lever and did a slash-cut at the end of it. then i went to the garage i took a piece of alloy, about 1/3 inch thick. i saw this thing to the levers contour:

fu4.JPG

the alloy is now some sort of spacer and with some screws i assembled the stuff invisible. some grinding and finishing work later the construct looked that way:

fu6.JPG

the new lever offers much more space at the end, than version no1 and won´t contact the sidestand:

fu7.JPG

yes, it works. much more space for my shoe, no more touching the stand in any position:

fu8.JPG

fu9.JPG

this will avoid any unwanted gearing when cornering and touching the ground:

fu10.JPG

Last edited:
You don't have to. The shift rod allows about one notch of adjustment by tiurning the rod. It will allow you to "tweak" the amount of spacing you want. Just loosen up the 2 10mm nuts and adjust, retighten.

Back