Here is a good Buell Peg Comparison Pic!

Imagine at night in the middle of no-where and a few hundred miles from home a missing peg is a bigger concern than scratched plastic.:whistle:

That's why I have a set of pegs in the trunk from when I installed the buell pegs. And soon a spare set of stock levers once i purchase my new ones. It's handy having options :)

I have buel pegs on both of my bikes. I made my first set and bought my second.

I dont notice any vibrations or slickiness....they actually grab my boots.:thumbsup:

Great mod for comfort

Thanks for the pic. I've been thinking about these, but am a little concerned with them breaking if you were to drop the bike. Do you know if the breaking problem is pretty common if the bike falls over or is it a rare instance.

I would hope to think that dropping a bike is a rare instance and not a common thing.

i tried the buell pegs and they didnt work for me. So i removed the rubber from the stock pegs and much happier with that. No vibration, more miles= more smiles. :beerchug:

I have the buel pegs and ride with tennis shoes and never feel any vibration I have road with boots also and still no vibe.

Is there any rubber on them? My feet hurt from the vibes of all metal pegs.
I like the lower aspect of them. This is the first pic of a popular mod I've seen.
Thanks for doing that. Looks like you gained an inch or more?

Awwww somebody's wittle feetsies hurt! :-(

:lol:

I did not notice a difference when I changed mine out. I did look for lowered pegs with rubber but never found any :dunno:

i love my buel pegs. i do feel however that the traction on the pegs is reduced when in rain vs. stock with rubber.

Took the "Turbo Sofa" out for a quick 150 mile jaunt today.

Gotta say, this IS an awesome mod!!! 1" handlebar risers AND the Buell pegs, make this one comfy beast!!

They definitely arent as grippy as the stock rubber though. Im going to do what another member suggested and take a file to em before powdercoat.

Thanks for the pic. I've been thinking about these, but am a little concerned with them breaking if you were to drop the bike. Do you know if the breaking problem is pretty common if the bike falls over or is it a rare instance.

I have broken the stock ones when the bike got off the kick stand and fell…

Sad story really…

What was even sadder was having to pay 78 USD for ONE STOCK PEG!!!

I’m looking for a stock replacement ATM… These look really nice!

I went with the vario pegs sold by TwistedThrottle.com and love them. They are about 1.25 inches lower than stock and have the ability to rotate and lock in place. This gave me the opportunity to change the height and position of the peg. They are more expensive than the Buell pegs, but they come in an anodized black and are much cheaper than rearsets.

couldn't find them on that site?? :poke:

Okay Guys,......sorry I'm getting here a little late on this Buell peg post. I'll try to answer all the questions,.........(if I can remember them all).

First,.....due to nature of cast aluminum,.......it is more likely to break than not if the bike goes down. Also, a drop design always has a higher risk of breakage if the bike is dropped. Anytime an angle is below a pivot point.......leverage will apply tremendous pressure at the angle vs. the pivot point. As someone had already mentioned,......the fairings would be a much greater concern and cost. In the much earlier STRESS TEST,.......that I performed several years ago,......pressure was applied to the top of the peg much like the weight of a rider. The peg took MANY hundreds of lbs. before breakage. I don't worry about peg breakage when the load is applied on top as it should be.

Secondly,.....I know of only a few cases whereas individuals complain of vibrations. It could be the choice of footwear or sensitivity of that person's feet. The percentage of complaints is very low.

Any more questions,...........please PM me. To date,...I've machined over 3000+ Buell pegs. You could say that I know a thing or two about Buell pegs!:laugh: Thanks for the posts and questions, Guys!!! It's always a pleasure to serve my Busa brothers and sisters!!! Ride Safe, All!!!:beerchug:

Back