Here is a good Buell Peg Comparison Pic!

San Diego Busa

Registered
Hey Guys

Did the Buell Peg mod this morning, very easy, took about 5 minutes! Thanks Joe!

Havent ridden it yet, gotta change my oil and do the 600 mile service tomorrow, but will be riding it soon! Then, if i like the fit, its all off to the powdercoater! :)

Here is a good pic of the exact difference of the two (i havent seen a good compare pic, so here ya go):

pegcompare.jpg

Thanks for the pic. I've been thinking about these, but am a little concerned with them breaking if you were to drop the bike. Do you know if the breaking problem is pretty common if the bike falls over or is it a rare instance.

Stock ones break too!

The stock peg is about the same "thickness" as the Buell one if you were to unscrew the rubber and take off the weight on the bottom. Don't worry about it, worry more about not dropping your bike. :D

Is there any rubber on them? My feet hurt from the vibes of all metal pegs.
I like the lower aspect of them. This is the first pic of a popular mod I've seen.
Thanks for doing that. Looks like you gained an inch or more?

I like the lower aspect of them. This is the first pic of a popular mod I've seen.

No rubber on the Buell pegs. I don't get any vibes through my footpegs on the 'Busa, not sure why you do. Then again, I wear Sidi boots though, maybe they kill the vibe.. ???

Stock ones break too!

The stock peg is about the same "thickness" as the Buell one if you were to unscrew the rubber and take off the weight on the bottom. Don't worry about it, worry more about not dropping your bike. :D

Or worry about how much the plastics cost.....dont ask me how I know :laugh:

Bots do you have the Buell pegs on yours?

I have Puma boots and these along with the factory pegs my feet are fine.
I just remember taking the rubber of my Zx11 and regretting it.

Which year and model Buell are those from and what else is needed?

It's the flip flops, heat, and too much straight road that's hurting your feet.:laugh:

Thanks for the pic. I've been thinking about these, but am a little concerned with them breaking if you were to drop the bike. Do you know if the breaking problem is pretty common if the bike falls over or is it a rare instance.

Umm..... If i drop my bike, last thing i am worried about is a foot peg! :)

Is there any rubber on them?

No

My feet hurt from the vibes of all metal pegs.
I like the lower aspect of them.

Im not worried about the vibes, but i did notice they are a bit more slippery though! :( I might look into grip options when i get them powdercoated. Possibly adding some sand or something to the coat

This is the first pic of a popular mod I've seen.

No problem. Looks like about 1 1/2" lower about about an inch further back.

I went with the vario pegs sold by TwistedThrottle.com and love them. They are about 1.25 inches lower than stock and have the ability to rotate and lock in place. This gave me the opportunity to change the height and position of the peg. They are more expensive than the Buell pegs, but they come in an anodized black and are much cheaper than rearsets.

Cool . Thanks for the answers. Def something I need to look into.
More worried here about comfort than ground clearance.
Let us know how you overcome the slipperiness.

Measure and mark some lines across the peg, use a V shaped file to put some grooves in before you have them powdercoated.

Back