2008 Buell Peg Mod

Another..

Joe_6_019.jpg

Bird..... is there a specific part # or model # that you need to ask for?
rock.gif
No Partner, just contact Joe via PM, and let him know the year of your bike.. The only difference between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 bikes is the spring size. He will ship a set of Gen 1 springs in the kit if you have an 08'.. It is really easy to adjust the shift and brake levers as well, as he supplies full instructions w/pics to boot.. I believe his contact info. is GSX1300R, but let me double check and re-post to let you know for sure..

luded 1,

His contact for PM is GSX1300R-T.. He is a really good guy to deal with, 100% stand up guy as far as I am concerned.. If you have any questions at all just PM me, and I will help you all I can bro...

And Joe's information is? So once I get either Warchild or Vic to agree to powdercoat maybe I can just get Joe to ship them to somebody to get them done...hmm..hello? Is this thing on? Anybody?

and where can we get these said pegs?
This particular setup I actually carried over from my Blackbird.    
cool.gif

The footpegs themselves are from Oberon (based in England). They are black-anodized (which will eventually wear away after a lot of hard use, as you can see at the outer tip). The grip studs are actually stainless-steel socket-head bolts. I've had these pegs for several years.

Nowadays, Oberon makes 3 different types of footpegs: "studded", "racing" and "touring", the latter being a touch wider and longer for added comfort:

OberonPegs.jpg

Full size photo of above: Oberon footpegs

With regard to the Footpeg Lowering brackets, these are custom made by a buddy of mine on the Blackbird forum. While these CBR1100XX lowering brackets do attach to the K8 footpeg hangar bracket just fine, you can not retain the stock K8 footpegs. They are wider than the stock CBR1100XX pegs, and thus these Lowering brackets need modification. I have sent my buddy my OEM footpegs off my K8, and he is going to fabricate a set for prototype testing. I will put them through the wringer when he is done, and if they are good to go, he will fabricate them for production if there is sufficient interest.

Mind you, they will not be pocket-change.... likely enough, these will be a touch more expensive than the Buell mod. OTOH, you get to use any after-market footpeg you want (Oberon or otherwise), and the kit is "complete", with new stainless steel clevis pins, washers and cotter pins:

LoweringBrackets.jpg
WARCHILD LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU GET THE BRACKETS. THANKS

So when you guys say Buell... do you mean those harley type bikes with the fuel in the frame? Or is it some company with a similar name?

I get the same "cramped" feeling from the high pegs - looks like a brilliant mod
smile.gif

Jza

Current information on the Buell peg packages in the Members for Members section or simply click the link below. Thanks to all!!

What about the old TL peg mod. Worked well on my 1st gen Busa and it kept a stock looking peg with nnice rubber on top. Lowered foot .75" maybe?

What about the old TL peg mod.  Worked well on my 1st gen Busa and it kept a stock looking peg with nnice rubber on top.  Lowered foot .75" maybe?
I've seen the TL peg mod,........but the Buell drops your feet almost 2 inches. Hard to beat for comfort. IF you want stock type looks,....go TL for sure. IF you want ultimate comfort,........go Buell! Thanks Guys!!

Gen 2 springs cannot be used with the Buell pegs ?  If not why... I'm assuming they are too big?  Hence the necessity for Gen 1 springs only?
rock.gif

Back