1st one to go down

It's just a bike... a little $$$$ and she will be as good as new... you on other hand, just be glad you walked away, it the price we pay to play and learn our lessons...

well it seems that the only damage that can't be fixed is your feelings. glad your ok . i take it you were wearing gear. anyway if i haven't already said it welcome to the org. , and things will get better !!!! not a promise but a prediction.
please.gif

Sorry to hear. I know it is heart brreaking to see your bike scratched up...it was for me.

Glad you are ok. Probably not to many 08 parts for give away yet.

Im trying to post pics but it says they are to big.
Your original pic was 278kb, which is 78K too large.

Here's the shot, cropped and resampled down to an acceptable weight..... check out that stator cover; you were damn lucky it didn't grind through. If it had, you'd be looking at an oily mess and a flatbed trailer to get it home.

OEM 'Stones and cold asphalt are nobody's friend.....
thumb_down.gif

But like other's have mentioned, the main thing is that you're physically okay. I know your bumming heavily.... chin up, 'bro; some new tupperware and a CF stator cover to mask that metal rash, and you'll be stylin' again..
cool.gif

lowslide.jpg

Yea I was wearing gear thats the only way I ride. My wife makes sure of that. 4 kids to come to. I thank all you guys for your moral support in times like this. You guys are awesome
bowdown.gif

Dude I know how you feel did the same thing with my new bike. Bought it home in 20 degree weather and decided to drive it up the driveway. New cold tire spun out and down she went. All back together now after replacing the right side fairing and a new exhaust system. Bike still has 1 mile on it and waiting for the spring.

Sorry to hear you laid her down, but glad your ok! I'm in MD I have stock pipe and I will have a clutch lever by the end of the week when my Pazzo Racing ones come in. I also have a stock windsheild if you damaged yours. Let me know if you need any of the parts.

Always hate to hear about people going down but at least you are okay . I see you are in Hamton i will be in Tabb just next to newport news in a couple weeks . My family all lives there . I hear its been real cold the last week , got to make sure those tires warm up good with all that power . Welcom e to the board and if it makes you feel better , You aren't the first one i've read about going down on a new 08.

Sorry to see that. I hope you are ok. How do i find photobucket.com and is it somwthing i have to download? Sorry again, Doug

Dude I know how you feel did the same thing with my new bike.  Bought it home in 20 degree weather and decided to drive it up the driveway.  New cold tire spun out and down she went.  All back together now after replacing the right side fairing and a new exhaust system.  Bike still has 1 mile on it and waiting for the spring.
1 mile. Damn. That must be some kind of record or something something.

Sorry to hear about your incident, too, fellow cheeeeeze-head. Hope all's well with your baby now.

Scar

Your Story actually made me CRY. I did the same thing on my First Bike. Yamaha SECA 400 1982. WOW !! Talk about Memories. Your EGO Will recover. Thank the STARS your OK because that's ALL THAT MATTERS !!!!

That sounds goog YaBusa. Yea lazy boy the healing process has began thanks to YaBusa. Never filed a claim before for a bike so would it be wise to do so. Or would that drive my rate up. I pay 490 a year for full coverage. State Farm
Man, it hurts just to look at that but, the most important thing is you're alright. I have State Farm and have made two insurance claims in the past. One I guy hit my bike with all kind of parts from he's bike, won't go into detail and another when I hit a pothole and bent the S##T out of my rimes. They came out cut me a check within 48 hours and never went up on my insurance. You pay your premium for a reason now it's time for them to hold up there end...

I have had a motorcycle stolen ( 8 months old 2001 TL1000S ) they paid no premium never went up . then had my car sidswiped (hit and run brand new 02 wrx wagon ) 2 months later same insurance No premium hike ... boy that year really sucked

Whats important is your still with us and no serious injuries. The damage doesn't look that bad. Looks like the time to shed some weight and get an after market exhaust. I can't really tell from the photos but it doesn't look like there are any broken tabs. Any skilled painters in your area? That might be the way to go on a budget. I'm sure 08 plastics are at a premium. That and another stator cover and you pimpin again.

I found a left side 08 exhaust on Ebay kinda cheap $99.99 shipped
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-Suzuki-GSXR-1300-Hayabusa-Left-Exhaust-Can-Muffler_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35596QQih
Z014QQitemZ330202085796QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">Linky</a>

A brand new upper cowl same color as your bike cheaper than you can have it painted properly $180.38 shipped
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-GSX-1300-HAYABUSA-FAIRING-UPPER-EXCELLENT-CONDITION_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35583QQi
hZ007QQitemZ170177429008QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">Linky</a>

And hard to believe a 08 left side fairing new but for a Orange/Black for about $175.00 shipped
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-08-HAYABUSA-LEFT-HAND-BLACK-SIDE-FAIRING-GSX1300_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35583QQih
Z006QQitemZ160201605687QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">Linky</a>

So $455.00 you have everything you need, but you'll have to get the left lower painted and another Kanji.That just one way to go. You have other options.

Back