Bad day!!!!!

zx9r

Registered
:banghead:I havent rode my busa in a while so I decided to crank it up today and ride a little. When I took it off the stand I thought the kickstand was down. Well it wasnt and the bike fell gently to the left as I was trying to stop it.... Thank goodness I have rubber flooring and i didnt get any scratches. Although there was something the tank hit and caused a small dent. NO SCRATCHES just a dent.. Very lucky in that aspect. Im a perfectionist with my bike so I now I've got to buy a new tank cause I cant live with the small dent..... Looked it up online 748.00... OUCH.....

Sorry to hear about that. I completely understand the burden of perfectionism. I'd be looking for a new tank before it even hit the ground. :banghead:

I should have bought a sport chalk and this would have never happened. And I would have saved money.

I appreciate it.. I bought a new one. I will sell the old one on Ebay to help with the bill.. Thanks for the thought.

I have a dent in mine, too. I bought a Bagster tank cover and bag instead. :thumbsup:

Good luck Selling your Old Tank ??? Mine only got a $29.00 High Bid on E-bay. Still have it if any one is interested. Got a Small Dent but like ZX9R I am a Perfecionist........

I had a small dent in my cruiser tank some years ago. I had it off the bike, had it up ended to keep from spilling gas and it flopped over. Anyway I bought a "Dent King" like on tv and worked on it. It took about two hours but its gone where you cant tell where it was. It took about ten pulls on the dent, on which you hot glue a shaped type puck, and then pull with a screw like device.

Last edited:
Call one of the Paintless dint guys and see if they can get it out i had it don and you can't tell at all i can't find where it was at

Been there, done that, know how you feel. It sucks fosho. Sorry about your mishap. :huh2:

D

I know how you feel. A small camping grill fell out of the loft storage in my garage and hit my tank. Nobody home at the time but this crap still happens some how.??? I'm a perfectionist too and the 08 was only a few months old so I had to replaced it. I'm in tight with my steelership and they hooked me up with the new tank for only 640.00:bowdown: and I installed it myself so shop around a little.

Back