Zero gravity..... is it worth it?

Orion

Registered
I am debating on getting the zero gravity double bubble windscreen.  I wanted to check with you guys first.  Is it worth the 80 bucks?  Does it make a big difference?  Thanks for the feedback.
eyes.gif

You will get mixed reactions to this, but 90% will say that it makes a big difference specially if you are over 6'. I guess it not only protects you better, but it allows you to see your instrumentation. I went for it for more protection and because I like the looks.

Go to Motorcycle Monkey to read a head to head comparison. I think you will agree that it is well worh it.

Once you decide to go with a DB screen, it is my advice NOT to go with the Zero Gravity. The reason is that they are rather thin and flimsy compared to your stock screen. What you want to do is check out Pyramid Shields at Carbotex This Double is nice and thick...almost as thick as the stock windscreen. Go to modifications or accessories and find the threds on this subject.

Thinker

Double_Bubble.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
drink.gif

In my opinion, the dubble bubble by far... is nicer than stock, I was pissed when I couldn't read the gauges in a normal riding position......so yes the $70-$80 bucks was worth it to me!

I agree...go with the double bubble. I personally like the Zero Gravity. Works great and is comparable in thickness to stock regardless of what people have told you. I am 6'5" and it does the trick. Just my .02

Brian

It's not worth $80 because I bought mine for $55 at the dealer. ZG's in my experience have been just as thick as stock.

I agree...go with the double bubble.  I personally like the Zero Gravity.  Works great and is comparable in thickness to stock regardless of what people have told you.  I am 6'5" and it does the trick.  Just my .02

Brian
Now Brian, I had a Zero Gravity on my last bike, plus had the Zero Gravitiy Sport Touring Screen on my Busa. It is noticeably thinner and flimsyer (if that is a word). I got the feeling that it would bend in at extremely hight speeds, but i'm sure it wouldn't. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with the Zero Gravity screen, but I took advantage of the info on this board and went with the Pyramid...and there is a difference.

Cache, you just installed a Zero Gravity...Do you think it is comparable to the stock thickness?

Cache, you just installed a Zero Gravity...Do you think it is comparable to the stock thickness?
No. It is thinner and flimzier... squeaks like crazy too... I need to put some tape on the end of it so it will fit tighter. BTW, it is worth it, better than stock for the protection.
It didn't squeek on my bike, but there was a couple of threads that explained how to take care of it...I think it did involve tape.

I like the Power Bronze Double Bubble. Works great! No squeaks or rattles.

PB1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey i ordered a euro screen similiar to the speedscreen but the end is flipped up to deflect the air upwards, i'll give you more info once its installed.

As for ZG i have the sport touring screen which adds a lot of protection. The downfall is that it is not as stiff or thick as others and over 90-200mph it flutters and gets noisy , sounds like it might fly off at any moment, but i've heard some others say they gotten up to 120-130 with no problems but i wouldn't try it on my bike.

Hey i ordered a euro screen similiar to the speedscreen but the end is flipped up to deflect the air upwards, i'll give you more info once its installed.

As for ZG i have the sport touring screen which adds a lot of protection. The downfall is that it is not as stiff or thick as others and over 90-200mph it flutters and gets noisy , sounds like it might fly off at any moment, but i've heard some others say they gotten up to 120-130 with no problems but i wouldn't try it on my bike.
Perhaps only the ZG Sport Tourers are thin, but I have also heard this about the Double Bubble. To me, it is a choice between good and best.

Postal that looks awesome. How much was that? Where did you get?

I had a stock replacement ZG on my last bike and it was fine at top speed. 180ish. I haven't put my DB on my Busa yet. I did buy it from ZG.

Discreet: "Postal" bought it from me. I have two brand new ones ready to ship. $60.00 plus $3.85 shipping anywhere in the US. I also have a Powerbronze on my '02 Silver/Grey. Looks great. Installation is less than 15 minutes. Much thicker than ZG. Let me know what address you want it shipped too. Bob

Bob. I would love one, but what am I going to do with the ZG double bubble dark smoke? I can't send it back. I haven't installed, but I may have thrown away the package.

Discreet:  "Postal" bought it from me.  I have two brand new ones ready to ship.  $60.00 plus $3.85 shipping anywhere in the US.  I also have a Powerbronze on my '02 Silver/Grey.  Looks great. Installation is less than 15 minutes. Much thicker than ZG.  Let me know what address you want it shipped too.  Bob
Hey Bob, do you have any more of the Power Bronze. I have the ZG, but that one really looks nice. If you do, let me know and I will paypal it to ya asap.

Brian

Back