Zero Gravity Double-bubble vs Stock Screen

Lucky34

Registered
Right after finishing the Grills on the busa, I got my Zero Gravity Dark Smoke Double Bubble Screen.

Stock Screen:

Before1.JPG

This is the view from where I'm sitting with the stock screen.
Notice in the reflection that my arm is on the handlebar, and the camara is right up to my face. I used to have to duck in order to see the top of the speedometer.

Before2.jpg

First your bike looks great. But does the this screen (zero gravity double) let you sit higher on the bike and take less wind? I would like a little bigger screen than the stock one I have now. I just got a set of grills in the mail, was it hard fitting them? What did you use to hold them in place. I was thinking of some 5 minute epoxy on the inside.
race.gif

First your bike looks great.  But does the this screen (zero gravity double) let you sit higher on the bike and take less wind?  I would like a little bigger screen than the stock one I have now.  I just got a set of grills in the mail, was it hard fitting them?  What did you use to hold them in place.  I was thinking of some 5 minute epoxy on the inside.
race.gif
Thanks for the complements.

Yes, with the double bubble, you can sit higher and take less wind. (you can see from the pictures of the gages, the screen is considerably taller. Allows you to get "tucked in" really easily)

I won't lie to you, putting the grills was a bit of a pain in the a$$ in my opinion
tounge.gif
. I think it was worth it though. Fitting them wasn't TOO hard, but I did cut my fingers with the aluminum. I used regular tape to hold the grills down until the 5 minute epoxy dried. (IT DID NOT DRY IN 5 MINUTES!!!) I also found that the epoxy was really watery and hard to control.
Here is a to a previous thread in which I installed the grills

Busaman, bike looks great. I like the screens in the fairings. The dark DB really sets off the front of the bike......

Some High Temp Silicone would prolly do the trick on the screens... I dig my Zero G double bubble as well, if you notice some vibration up around the top of the screen, remove it and put a couple of layers of electrical tape along the front tab and leading edges. This will stop the "Buzz" if it shows up.

Bike looks good man...
thumbs-up.gif

Thanks guys.
Rev, I already did the "tape mod"
wink.gif

The first day I got the busa, I noticed the "rattling" noice, and that night, I took the screen off and put a few layer of electrical tape on it. This was the stock screen though, I'll do it to the double-bubble tomorrow
cool.gif

I'm really happy with the way things are turning out. Some more things I want to do are:
1. Seat (probably a black Tobin with Red Busa Kanji on the sides)
2. UNDERTAIL!!! I want to get rid of the mudflap, but still have the stock turning signals, and a good license plate bracket
3. Exhaust. I'm debating whether to get a full system (that ends with a can on each side
cool.gif
, or just getting some nice slip-ons. I think the Micron Slipons that fade black to red would look pretty nice. HERE'S A LINK
4. Something to cover up the tank. (Don't really want a bra because it would cut off the nice red lines... I'm thinking about some kind of tank protector... maybe like a carbon fiber theme... tank protector, fuel cap, and handelbar things [crown?])

Lemme know what you guys think ;)

<!--EDIT|Busaman86
Reason for Edit: "Wrong URL"|1100836675 -->

cool.gif

Busa, these undertails keep the stock light, are plastic and light weight. I had one till I switched to a topgun (wanted to lower the bike more)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....y=35583

Tobin seats are awesome, but are not comfortable for everyone. If ya know someone with one, try it out and see if its for you.

The little stick-on or magnetic tank protectors work good to keep zipper scratches off the tank.

Thanks for the pic, I was going to get the ZG dark blk as well but was wondering about the visibility so thanks for causing me to spend more money.

Total number of items order: 1
--------------------------------------------
Item Number:1
Item ID:zg.db_ds
Item Name: Zero Gravity Windscreen DOUBLE BUBBLE, COLOR(DARK SMOKE), MODEL(HAYABUSA), YEAR OF BIKE(2004)
Quantity: 1
Unit Price: US$79.95
Item Sub Total Price: US$79.95
--------------------
========================================
Sub total for this order is:US$79.95
Shipping & Handling Charge:US$ 9.00
Total price for this order is:US$88.95

I got mine from Second Look Extreme Tank & Seat Skins.
http://www.second-look.com/
You might find a cheaper price somewhere else... Maybe ebay, or if you buy a used one from someone.

I hate you guys!!!!!

Thank you,
Your order has been placed successfully.
We will process your order as soon as possible.

Please click to continue shopping at
Second Look Extreme Tank & Seat Skins

Sub total for this order is:US$79.95
Shipping & Handling Charge:US$ 6.00
Total price for this order is:US$85.95

better figure out how to post the neat little nice to haves on the bottom of my signature, but me being a computer dope I probably won't figure that out till,,,,,,,well I'll probably never figure it out...haha

Back