Yuba River South Fork

busa clubslinger

Registered
Had a great ride down HWY 49 from Auburn to Placerville today. Had to finish getting rid of the chicken strips! Anyone ride this road? Awesome switch backs!:thumbsup:

DSC01052-1.jpg

When you are talking about a great twisty road, be sure not to get a cruiser in the background of your shot:laugh:

I love that road! But there is allways way too much traffic. A couple of times I road back and forth hoping to get a few free and open turns... Since your in the area, Wentworth springs would be a better choice. :thumbsup:

WentworthLoop.gif

WentworthSprings3.jpg

WentworthSprings1-6.jpg

When you are talking about a great twisty road, be sure not to get a cruiser in the background of your shot:laugh:

Yeah point taken! the funny thing is the owner of the cruiser was drooling all on the Busa saying, "I really wanted one of those but I decided on this instead." I was thinking wow, that's a far cry from the busa!:rofl:

I love that road! But there is allways way too much traffic. A couple of times I road back and forth hoping to get a few free and open turns... Since your in the area, Wentworth springs would be a better choice. :thumbsup:

That looks great! What's the best way to access that from Sac? And yeah, lots of traffic where I was, made one good pass though.

Hook up with some of our Sac town guyz and they will lead you ... or just hit it up hwy 50 ...

49 is a fun road! I've had that whole stretch to myself with the exception of some college buddies following behind me. I'd recommend taking it slow the first few times to get familiar with the road.

That looks great! What's the best way to access that from Sac? And yeah, lots of traffic where I was, made one good pass though.

Run over to El Dorado Hills & up Salmon Falls Rd. Comes out at Pilot Hill and you've several directions you can ride from there.

SalmonFalls.gif

Salmon5_FJR.jpg

SalmonFalls.gif

Salmon5_FJR.jpg

If you are in Sacramento, the place you want to go is Mosquito Ridge (starts in Foresthill). :cheerleader:

MosquitoRidge21busa-800.jpg

900_105_0579.jpg

MosquitoRidge7busa-800.jpg

MosquitoRidge8river-800.jpg

MosquitoRidge3-800.jpg

900_Img_5249-MosquitoRidge.jpg

MosquitoRidge32-800.jpg

MosquitoRidge26-800.jpg

900_Img_5241.jpg

MosquitoRidge30-800.jpg

MosquitoRidge21busa-800.jpg

900_105_0579.jpg

MosquitoRidge7busa-800.jpg

MosquitoRidge8river-800.jpg

MosquitoRidge3-800.jpg

900_Img_5249-MosquitoRidge.jpg

MosquitoRidge32-800.jpg

MosquitoRidge26-800.jpg

900_Img_5241.jpg

MosquitoRidge30-800.jpg

Yeah, been on that section many times, great ride, but like Kent said, lots of traffic. But, a better route (less traffic too), since you were there in Auburn to begin with, would be take 49 northerly through Downieville and end up in Sierraville off hwy 89 and then on into Truckee or drone hwy 80 back to the Sac area. Lots of switch backs and great scenery on that one! I'm hoping that Scar includes it as one of the upcoming Stampede rides. :beerchug:

Back