Although the saying
"God helps those who help themselves"
sounds pious and spiritual ,
it is not in the Bible .

It is earliest appearance
( around 620 - 564 B . C . )
seems to be from one of Aesop's

fables — Hercules and the Waggoner .

the doctrine of grace in the bible suggests the opposite.. that god helps those who
Although the saying "God helps those who help themselves" sounds pious and spiritual, it is not in the Bible. Its earliest appearance (around 620-564 B.C.) seems to be from one of Aesop's fables—Hercules and the Waggoner.
the doctrine of grace in the bible suggests the opposite.. that god helps those who cannot help themselves...…

the doctrine of grace in the bible suggests the opposite.. that god helps those who

the doctrine of grace in the bible suggests the opposite.. that god helps those who cannot help themselves...…

the question was - where your saying was from. NOT the opposite or anything else. This is not the Marx thread where you can twist your own truth to make it fit , buddy..!

the question was - where your saying was from. NOT the opposite or anything else. This is not the Marx thread where you can twist your own truth to make it fit , buddy..!
lol.... like u understood any of that! and even MR. brown would agree with me that the statements are VERY closely related.... along with 1000s of others.... the possibility exists that god can help BOTH the helpless and those that help themselves.

How about this as a premise, if God exists and is a benevolent God, why isn’t he helping these people by (preventing) them from becoming the sorry wretches of the earth?

How about this as a premise, if God exists and is a benevolent God, why isn’t he helping these people by (preventing) them from becoming the sorry wretches of the earth?
I agree.... I have my own questions about the legitimacy of ANY diety.

lol.... like u understood any of that! and even MR. brown would agree with me that the statements are VERY closely related.... along with 1000s of others.... the possibility exists that god can help BOTH the helpless and those that help themselves.

You shouldn't underestimate a stranger. Especially not with your little tantrums you always have when members dont agree with you. As you know - Iam european and i can guarantee you that I know more than you about history in that part of the world. Why dont you go back to the couch and order take out and watch Maury and let the adults talk here?
( and dont try to use Mr Brown for your advantage- you are wrong!)

Reactions: c10
You shouldn't underestimate a stranger. Especially not with your little tantrums you always have when members dont agree with you. As you know - Iam european and i can guarantee you that I know more than you about history in that part of the world. Why dont you go back to the couch and order take out and watch Maury and let the adults talk here?
ok..... typical .... and why do u assume I watch maury? and order take out? american thing?

That was the comment made to me today . Left the office , and took a different route home than usual . Came to the major fwy exchange light just before making a right to enter the on ramp . I saw a homeless man sitting there with his cart full of stuff half way organized. Rarely do I give money , but food from my lunch box often .
I blew the horn several times , and he keyed in on me . About that time the Ambulance next to me pulls up . The passenger EMT gives me a WTF look while I roll my window down for the homeless man . EMT rolls his down looking at me like I'm a nut case . Just then the man comes to me , and handed him $5 on top of my healthy snack pack of Almonds , cheese , cranberry's. He was overjoyed by the FOOD . Yelled out You're The MAN nicely . You would almost think it was a winning lotto ticket .
I saw zero concern for the five dollar bill .
The EMT's now went from the wtf look to a smile . Just imagine the high lite of your day is a 200 calorie snack pack . That is pretty rough my friends .
There is not much in the way of stores where we were located . So willing to bet that may of been all he had to eat today .
I'm very thankful for my warm bed tonight :) Makes everything seem trivial .

Good to have people like you around! Restores my faith in humanity again!:bowdown:

Good to have
people like
you around !

Restores my faith
in humanity again !

:bowdown:

FC83A5D3-4C2D-443B-89DD-81208FAA6E9A.jpeg

Last edited:
Neighbors had a slight electrical problem :) fixed in no time. Bad dryer plug, and old breaker. Equal melt down.

DSC_1489.JPG

DSC_1490.JPG

Back