if God exists and

is a benevolent God ,
why is he not helping

these people by
( preventing ) them
from becoming
the sorry wretches

of the earth ?

Terry , wish we could spend a lot of days trying to #Do2deeds ~ but until we reach those goals - here is a YouTube link .

Have come to the understanding that most all the ~ really good experiences , will need to be experienced *

Last edited:
How about this as a premise, if God exists and is a benevolent God, why isn’t he helping these people by (preventing) them from becoming the sorry wretches of the earth?
That is covered a couple of ways. First the concept of free will prevents God from intervening in earthly matters, and secondly, if one's terrestrial life is not good, having faith will carry you through to your reward in heaven.

Reactions: c10
That is covered a couple of ways. First the concept of free will prevents God from intervening in earthly matters, and secondly, if one's terrestrial life is not good, having faith will carry you through to your reward in heaven.
yes.... my issue with any diety is that he is awarded this "wiggle room".... not to say he doesn't exist.... BUT he enjoys intense wiggle room.... he can let infants be sick and die.... YET.... he sees all things and loves all all.... one would think a loving god would just heal the infant.... but god enjoys that wiggle room..... kinda resembles the unfalsifiable hypothesis.... jk

yes.... my issue with any diety is that he is awarded this "wiggle room".... not to say he doesn't exist.... BUT he enjoys intense wiggle room.... he can let infants be sick and die.... YET.... he sees all things and loves all all.... one would think a loving god would just heal the infant.... but god enjoys that wiggle room..... kinda resembles the unfalsifiable hypothesis.... jk
The catch is that in order for religion to work, one must accept the unknowable. Faith, the linchpin of all deistic religion, is nothing more than believing in something. A belief, by definition cannot be proven. If you could, it wouldn't be a belief. As such, trying to apply logic and reason to a deity, any deity, is an exercise in futility.

The catch is that in order for religion to work, one must accept the unknowable. Faith, the linchpin of all deistic religion, is nothing more than believing in something. A belief, by definition cannot be proven. If you could, it wouldn't be a belief. As such, trying to apply logic and reason to a deity, any deity, is an exercise in futility.
we agree.

Free will doesn't seem to cover it as it’s countered by the belief of many that whatever happens was ‘God's Will’. And regardless of the quality of one’s terrestrial life, having faith ‘will carry you through to your reward in heaven.’ Faith could be nothing more than fear and apprehension.

Free will doesn't seem to cover it as it’s countered by the belief of many that whatever happens was ‘God's Will’. And regardless of the quality of one’s terrestrial life, having faith ‘will carry you through to your reward in heaven.’ Faith could be nothing more than fear and apprehension.
God's will is merely a euphemism for things believers can't control. Free will of man doesn't contravene the will of God, it's part of it. Faith could be anything at all, but to those steeped in the Abrahamic religions, it is what provides promise of a better life after this one ends.

He was really homeless due the the Food excitement . I guess the point here was be thankful my friends we are not in that boat .
It is a good thing you did , and what you do , seeing someone that is in need of a helping hand , and just doing what you can . I am not religious c10 , but you don't have to be to know a good person from bad , you are a good bloke !!

God's will is merely a euphemism for things believers can't control. Free will of man doesn't contravene the will of God, it's part of it. Faith could be anything at all, but to those steeped in the Abrahamic religions, it is what provides promise of a better life after this one ends.
god has euphamisms???? I thought mary was a virgin?

Laugh out loud . . .

I thought
it was

funny .

:lol:

6eJkPVo.gif

Back