You will not believe this

Is he invited to the wedding?
rock.gif

(bitabur @ Oct. 11 2006,18:25) I'd get a loan for your part and buy him out.  Then talk your mom out of his part of the inheritance.  If he's this greedy now, he doesn't deserve his part later.
My thoughts exactly. +1

(7th Gear @ Oct. 11 2006,16:27) Is he invited to the wedding?
rock.gif
Yes...the invitations go out soon. I thought it would make him feel like sheet.
beerchug.gif

Alimony? If you signed a quit claim deed to remove yourself from the deed, then I don't see how you can be hauled in to court for anything related to the house. Have your lovely brother sign a contract and get a mortgage or home equity loan and buy him out.
guns.gif

have your lawyer draw up papers to say that if he takes the money now he is not entitled to any other profit, then have your mom write a will.

(BlueHaya @ Oct. 11 2006,14:41) Wow.   Get the house appraised and pay him his part.  He is only entitled to the 25%...so he can not force you to sell the house just give him 25% of the tax appraisal value not market value because that is flexible.

Hope it works out.  Dont talk too bad about him in front of your kids if they are close to him.  Just find out what is happening and try to work it out with him.  Maybe he was not as well off as he thought.
Yeah, what he said. Cheaper than going to court.

I doubt any judge is going to boot a 70-year old woman out of her house.

Unless we've REALLY gone downhill in recent years.

--Wag--

(Ride_or_Fish @ Oct. 11 2006,18:53) Alimony? If you signed a quit claim deed to remove yourself from the deed, then I don't see how you can be hauled in to court for anything related to the house. Have your lovely brother sign a contract and get a mortgage or home equity loan and buy him out.  
guns.gif
He's talkin' about the other house, not this one.

--Wag--

Back