You know what I noticed here?

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
We talk about alot of stuff here OTHER than
"My Suzuki always breaks down like this or that"
Our bikes are SO stable and quality that we have to talk about everything ELSE. Oh sure, every now and then someone asks "What's THIS noise mean?" We call it personality, it's normal and we move on. :)
Isn't life on a Hayabusa grand??? :)

Well except for a problem I had this past weekend. Went out for a coffee ride and when leaving Starbucks the bike didn't start. Sounded like battery so took off seat and checked bolts. All tight. Called AAA for jump and it started right up. Rode to the shop and they had a mechanic check right then. Found the rectifier bad which in turn took out the starter. All under warranty but won't have the Busa for a week. Starter is on backorder...This on 03 with 1660 miles. Oh well.

I have 5k miles on my Busa with no problems. It's a little scarey to hear about all the problems on the board, but I realize how many machines are represented, and the Busa is actually pretty
reliable. It gets a lot of it's performance from all the hi tech features, but get's a little challenging when you do have a problem.
I started riding in the early sixties when the land
was ruled by Harleys, Triumphs, and BSA's. You could literally
carry a screw driver and pair of pliers to fix most problems --
and you certainly needed to. Time between tune ups on a triumph bonneville was about 100 miles. Harleys would run a
little longer, but would usually suffer valve train problems; broken springs, cam rollers, stretched valves, etc.
History lesson for today.

Jeeez!  Glad I got into this hobby with these reliable later models!!!  :)

Sure these a glitch here and there but at least this board doesn't SOLELY EXIST for the upkeep and repair.... we are learning [teaching] riding techniques, swapping helmet favorites and recipies.

Busa's allow us to enjoy life more!! YEAH YEAH!!!

I love that damn bike so much, if I could, I'd park it in my office and stare at it all day!

Damn, wished I'd ridden it in to work today...what was I thinking?! ;)

Agreed VaBusa!  Although I teach auto shop so I did ride to school today and I can stare at it all day.  I can't believe they pay me to do this!
Ride Safe! :super:

...We talk about alot of stuff here OTHER than
"My Suzuki always breaks down like this or that"
Our bikes are SO stable and quality that we have to talk about everything ELSE. ...
I think bikes as a rule are a little "quality challenged" -- I mean, every bike I've ever seen anyone buy new has had *something* not quite right with it (mine didn't start a couple days after I got it home -- loose wire on the starter or something), but once that rough bit's over with things shake out pretty well for Suzuki, I think.

Mechanics surveyed have a much higher regard for the manufacturer support/feedback from Kawasaki and Honda than for Suzuki, but the quality of all three brands is very good. There are the occasional systemic glitches -- such as the subframe on the old 'Busas, charging systems on recent R6's, heating and frame issues on the new Gold Wings, etc. -- but the manufacturers usually step up and fix stuff.

If you want to hear *whining*, however, go to a BMW site :D . They've raised it to a high art (and I don't much blame them).

What were you thinking Michelle? Afraid of Isabel?

I am addicted to this site. My wife hates it.
I don't think of it as Hayabusa related anymore. I don't know anything about mechanics or anything like that nor am I good at it (to cut the rear fender was such a big adventure to me). I read everything trying to learn a bit, but...
I post more about miscellaneous stuff than bike related. I just think that this group of people are very interesting and that they happen to have the fastest bike.

What were you thinking Michelle? Afraid of Isabel?

I am addicted to this site. My wife hates it.
I don't think of it has Hayabusa related anymore. I don't know anything about mechanics or anything like that nor am I good at it (to cut the rear fender was such a big adventure to me). I read everything trying to learn a bit, but...
I post more about miscellaneous stuff than bike related. I just think that this group of people are very interesting that they happen to have the fastest bike.
Not afraid of Isabel...just no time in the mornings to drop kids off, head back home, and then end up being 15 minutes late to work because I wanted to ride the Busa...

I rode in with the top down on my Mustang...you know, enjoy the fresh air before the winds start blowing and the rain washes us all away!

Afraid? Me? Ha!! Not hardly...I live for this stuff! :D

As for the board...I suspect the hubby doesn't like that I hop online late at night and stay up too late on the board...but, there's just too much to talk about and learn to not get on board the hayabusa.org train...

Be careful S7R4NGER! If she hates it that much, she might insist you stop!!! Then what would you do when you're not riding?! :D

just no time in the mornings to drop kids off, head back home, and then end up being 15 minutes late to work because I wanted to ride the Busa...

[/QUOTE]
Understandable.  I have 3 teenagers who go to the same school at which I teach.  Tough to get all three on the back of the Busa.  I finally got 2 of them to ride bicycles to school! :tounge:

LOL... :rofl:

I'm assuming (and we all know what that means) that you want to know how to quote others on the board?  Look to the right of the post...see "QUOTE"?  Click on that and a window pops up where you can type your reply...the original quote appears further down the same screen...click "add reply" and you're done!

Hello all....I'm new to this site and love it also...It's pretty clear that a few of you have given up surfing the web to spend alot of time here. This site is knowledge crack...and I'm addicted...you guys rock, I'm so much smarter now! I picked up my 03 G/S busa 3 weeks ago and can't got off it...I've had no problems with it but, i know exactly what to look for if I do.
VABusa, I'll have to look you guys up next time I'm at the beach...I'm in Northern Va and visit friends down there alot.

:newbie: :super:

Not in line with the original topic, but... :tounge:

Welcome Paul!  There are quite a few VA riders on here...I have yet to meet any of them, but maybe soon...

Check out the "Geographic Riding Areas" portion of this site; VA riders are trying to coordinate meeting for lunch in Lynchburg...I'm hoping to head that way if my plans pan out...

And please let me know when you'll be in the area!  I'll arrange to meet up with you...I was just up in Manassas this past Saturday; you're not far from there, right? We travel up there at least twice in the summer for concerts...

Congrats on your new Busa! Post pics of it!

Back