Yeah, I know them all.

But most of you guys don't have to sit down and explain to your boss (for me my commanding officer) of why you decided on a hayabusa. The rationale of any other bike is safer than a busa is still mind boggling, which is my bosses stand point. The busa is the militaries number one death machine as far as motorcycles go and a harley would have been a better choice in his opinion.

I have had to do this and needless to say my commander was much smarter at the end of the discussion(yes they can be taught). Once he actually learned the 'facts' there wasn't much more he could say.

And the busa might be the 'target' for the number one death machine, it isn't 'the' number one death machine.

Ever talk the non-riding public about motorcycles or have someone find out you ride? That they assume that we all know each other because were on 2 wheels.

An aquaintance from Belgrade, Yugoslavia (now Serbia) used to get that. As if all folks that lived in Belgrade shared a living quarters or something. The city has a population of over one million! Of course, it was Americans that proved their ignorance while folks from elsewhere were much more informed.

I think there are a LOT of Americans in need of those signs. :O

I always get " So how fast have you had that thing" or " I am thinking about getting one, can I ride it to see if I like it" My response " 13 grand and you can" Then they're like I just want to ride it, not buy it. Why 13 grand to ride it. I tell 13 grand and you can ride it all you want.

Or the best I ever heard...I was at the Harley engineworks in Minomemewawa Wi. (or something like that) basically NOT Milwaukee..anyway whilst I was doing the job I was sent there to do I was talking to a couple of the guys that work there. The topic of bikes comes up (go figure) and they ask and I tell them a Hayabusa, oh, they ask again so I splain it to them in real simple engles. Then I get it, You dont think that thing will outrun a V-rod do you?? Cause them V-rods are reeeeaaalll fast. My answer was, morning, noon, and night, all day long 365 days outta the year, and twice on Sundays.

They are freakin clueless. I used to work with a guy that had a V-Rod, but he was an informed individual and knew that the busa would easily outrun the V-Rod. Mainly because he was a former busa owner. But you're right. In general, the harley community is clueless. Another guy I worked with constantly gave me crap saying that his Dyna would kick my busa's arse. He parked next to me one day and told me I needed to go comfort my busa cause she was shaking in fear of his harley that was next to it. I told him to meet me out on the road and when we got back his harley would be ashamed to show itself around there ever again. . . Needless to say, he never would take me up on it.

They are freakin clueless. I used to work with a guy that had a V-Rod, but he was an informed individual and knew that the busa would easily outrun the V-Rod. Mainly because he was a former busa owner. But you're right. In general, the harley community is clueless. Another guy I worked with constantly gave me crap saying that his Dyna would kick my busa's arse. He parked next to me one day and told me I needed to go comfort my busa cause she was shaking in fear of his harley that was next to it. I told him to meet me out on the road and when we got back his harley would be ashamed to show itself around there ever again. . . Needless to say, he never would take me up on it.

Shakin'? Yes. In fear, no? Probably just by the vibration of the Harley engine...and that's with the thing turned OFF! :laugh:

heck I still hear the term rice burner here sometimes im just like kiss this:moon: sad part is most people that say these things don't even know the difference between a standard and Phillips screwdrivers

Much less often now, but when it was lowered and stretched I always got the "how fast does it go?" :poke::poke::poke: Its about how quick it gets there not fast it goes. I did get to clue in a Ferrari 360 owner leaving the beach one day though. He had never "raced" and I use that word very, very loosely a bike.

+1

I think there are a lot of negative streotypes of sportbike rider and most are perpetuated by the few idiots that do wheelies down the highway or ride in flip flops that spoil it for the rest of us.

Set a good example and eventually things will change.

Um...I saw a girl on a Harley the other day wearing flip flops...not on the back seat, but driving her own Harley...so they do it too...

Back