Stereotypes... I hate them

moloko

Banned
BUT!!! they exist for a reason.

Story:

We have a pretty laid back motorcycle bar here in town that I frequent. Mostly HD / Custom Chopper bikers there, but all really friendly folks, locals, I know them all. The occasional sport bike out there too!! I ride a chopper have had a few, recently picked up the 'Busa. Tried to take the cruiser out today, well, the battery was dead on her this afternoon so I fire up the 'Busa and take her down there.

Get to the bar and find there are several 3-4 motorcycle gangs in town, including the Hells Angels (I only mention them, because they are likely the only ones you have heard of, however not any more rowdy than the other in attendance) WTF. Well ok, I've dealt with these types before and now I'm fearing for the saftey of my bike(being 'rice'), and I should have just left.

I have a pretty strong support group of locals in attendance and I know the owner of the establishment pretty well so I figure the 'busa and I should be alright. They (gang members) are far less intimidating when you get inside and find out it's really just a bunch of beaten, weathered, tired old men with too much booze in them. I park the bike where I can see it from the patio and head on inside.

I kept an eye on it, however I DID head inside for a bathroom break or 3 so not CONSTANTLY.... too bad. Although I didn't find it kicked over, I did come out, mount up and my left mirror is pointing straight at the ground with a big scuff across the edge of it.... Thanks alot ****ers!

It would have been worth them doing it, for me to catch them doing it.

Sorry, had to vent... stuff like this just REALLY get's my goat...

What?........humans with no respect for other peoples property. Not in the USA brother. The U.S. is about living and let living and enjoying the freedoms and differences that men have fought and died for. :thumbsup:

Don't go to Biker Bars with a Metric..........:rulez: I found SPIT all over my 109 one time..........That was the last time I went to that bar.....:moon:

Sorry to hear...

I see you're in Lawrence...where were ya?

Put a metal mirror on it and hook it directly to the battery then go back .
You'll find the next guy laying in the parking lot alongside your bike.
Then you can pee on him and leave :rofl:

couple people ruin it for everyone. i wouldnt be surprised if you told the club pres what happened and they helped you out. most clubs anymore dont wanna be associated with this kind of non sense.

Don't blame them. Seems you already knew you were asking for some type of trouble. Seems the stereotyping went both ways at the bar. Seems you knew the risks and played the "What If" game and it came out bad. Sucks you did,but really your already expected something might happen. Didn't ask a friend to keep an eye on the bike while you went to the bathroom?

Good time to paint the mirrors to match the motorcycle. :thumbsup:

Don't blame them. Seems you already knew you were asking for some type of trouble. Seems the stereotyping went both ways at the bar. Seems you knew the risks and played the "What If" game and it came out bad. Sucks you did,but really your already expected something might happen. Didn't ask a friend to keep an eye on the bike while you went to the bathroom?

Good time to paint the mirrors to match the motorcycle. :thumbsup:

yup. what he said.

Don't blame them.

... I didn't smash my own mirror, and yes, I knew it 'could' happen, but I don't see how it ISN'T their fault for being D!^%$.

It's always been a very tolerant place. But yeah, I won't be letting it happen again. I really wanted to see the band that was playin tho. Man can that kid play the harmonica!

Slow Ride

I don't think I'd bring my metric bike to any bar where I knew "biker gangs" were gonna be. I might be able to take on 1 or 2 of em, but not a whole gang. If I see a whole bunch of cruisers and not a sportbike in sight, I'm not gonna park it right up front either.

Supports my general theory of humanity...people suck

I think it's ridiculas to think you/we can't go to a "biker" bar because we
don't join in and overpay for an underpowed bike.

That being said, it is what it is and pre-empitive avoidance might be prudent.

However, I think we should take a different tact...maybe we should organize an
org ride of 30+ or so "rice burners" and end at the bar in question. Just to see
if the "bravery" previously exhibited will show itself (I'm sure it wont).

It's a solid bonified COWARD (and ignorance) that messes with a mans ride in any way.

Supports my general theory of humanity...people suck

I think it's ridiculas to think you/we can't go to a "biker" bar because we
don't join in and overpay for an underpowed bike.

That being said, it is what it is and pre-empitive avoidance might be prudent.

However, I think we should take a different tact...maybe we should organize an
org ride of 30+ or so "rice burners" and end at the bar in question. Just to see
if the "bravery" previously exhibited will show itself (I'm sure it wont).

It's a solid bonified COWARD (and ignorance) that messes with a mans ride in any way.
^+100 What He said ^

Sorry to hear...

That's what i was going to ask. No one in Lawrence has said a damn thing about my busa. I get a lot of props from the old guys, mostly because i don't ride like a **** and they know what the bike is.

... I didn't smash my own mirror, and yes, I knew it 'could' happen, but I don't see how it ISN'T their fault for being D!^%$.

It's always been a very tolerant place. But yeah, I won't be letting it happen again. I really wanted to see the band that was playin tho. Man can that kid play the harmonica!

Slow Ride

slow ride crowd is a joke. they'd rather be drunk than ride.

Even falling over the busa was probably the fastest thing they had ever seen! :rofl:

Sorry about your bad luck, squirt gun full of brake fluid would look really funny until they figured it out!

I have been down to SlowRide more than a couple of times and everybody seemed to be nice !

Last edited:
Again sorry it happened but I don't think you should be afraid to go back just pee before you leave so she doesn't leave your sight !

Last edited:
Back