You kids stay off my lawn!

A natural progression is to gravitate towards such a bike...

They are a proven platform.

I find it ironic as we age and get weaker, we desire heavier bikes.
Perhaps one of these,definately heavier...
Heavier is often a side effect of comfort, but I still want power. Lots of it. That's not important to everyone, some are satisfied with noise or an image.
More Power...OK,gotcha..
Just not sure about the plenty of power part. Only 100ish hp. If only they had 150ish+ then there would be no doubt. Why not Honda? You got 1800cc and 6cyl. MORE POWER!
6cyl...cool...but why not an' 8cyl or even a V-10...
Low center of gravity,power to spare,easy to ride...

Rubb.

Well when I went to the heavy side (bikes not me) I hated it. The BMW was 750 which is the light weight of this class but it was a massive PIA to live with. I tried a DCT Goldwing and frankly, that bike was great. It only has 90 hp or so but you wouldn't know it. Gets around pretty good.

Still when I moved to the Adv bike thing I was shocked. The 1250 feels light as a feather and is crazy fun to ride. It's mini bike kind of fun except you are going really fast! Generally I look at what everyone is doing and run in the other direction. But the Adv bike is a real fun bike to ride almost anywhere on!

Still wondering why nobody has made a V6 motorcycle. That could be a truely viable bike, not just an oddity. There was a V8 sport bike though that cost like $100k that was an impressive bike.

Man it would shut everyone up if Suzuki slapped down a 300hp V6 Busa that weighted 500lbs!

Still wondering why nobody has made a V6 motorcycle. That could be a truely viable bike, not just an oddity. There was a V8 sport bike though that cost like $100k that was an impressive bike.

Man it would shut everyone up if Suzuki slapped down a 300hp V6 Busa that weighted 500lbs!
They have. Some on the street,some still concept,some in early R&D.
pic 1...reality
pic 2...Honda cocept
pic 3... :poke:
Rubb.

View attachment 1619200

V65 MAGNA........those could scoot :cool:
We turned one into a hill climber for competition. We had the only shaft drive bike out there.(not the best choice as we could not alter the gearing) up against blown HD's,Honda CBX 6 cyl,CR's,etc. We would win usually. Then we took an' old GSXR 1100 out and beat everybody including the Hell's Angels and their entry,on their own property. We took the trophy and quietly loaded up and split. ;)
Rubb.

Back to the big Honda, I'm still trying to figure out if I like touring on motorcycles. My true love of riding revolves around lean angle and entry speed. In my later years, when I have to slow down, I might lean more towards something like a Super Cub

:banghead: Ken I owned that beauty for over 15 years, it topped out at about 130 but it was a nice bike for the day.

I'd say the speedometer was being very optimistic in order to reach 130 on that bike..the 1200 Madura might have made it there...

In the days that bike was being sold, not too many bikes were going that fast, 150mph was the benchmark in those days and the bikes getting to those speeds were the super sports.

I knew a guy with a V-Max tell me he hit over 150 mph all the time but he couldn't even catch my GSXR750-both were '85s.

Back to the big Honda, I'm still trying to figure out if I like touring on motorcycles. My true love of riding revolves around lean angle and entry speed. In my later years, when I have to slow down, I might lean more towards something like a Super CubView attachment 1619221
Red I took these pics myself at a motorcycle museum (Trev Deeley's,Vancouver,B.C.) just for you. The last bike pic shows your new grocery get'er,handy as all get out.. aerodynamic as heck too. :thumbsup:
Rubb

Back