You kids stay off my lawn!

Tetsuo1000

Registered
Am I crazy? Getting old? Low testosterone?
Because this is starting to look good:

E878F293-804C-4D52-9499-75EFF41E3FC5.jpeg

Heavier is often a side effect of comfort, but I still want power. Lots of it. That's not important to everyone, some are satisfied with noise or an image.

Some of those big bikes are almost 900lbs without rider/passenger and bags full of...stuff....with underpowered engines...not for me thanks...

I'd imagine it wouldn't take much to liven the engine up on that Honda though..

I grew up with dirt bikes then sports bikes In my early thirties I went to the touring world got me self The first model run of the HD ROAD KING with the vulnerable EVO motor actually I think the best motor they have built back in 94 slapped on 100 thousand km on that blew the motor :banghead: Fixed it rode it 600km to trade it on a 03 goldwing in my early forties slapped on 320 plus thousand km on that girl and shes still gong strong and is wearing me out :D Now that I am getting older its back to sports bikes and dirt bikes :thumbsup:

Am I crazy? Getting old? Low testosterone?
Because this is starting to look good:

View attachment 1619090
Is the right answer...all 3. Wud I win? Is there a prize?
Just kiddin' Tet. I got off my Busa today,I thought my knee's were going to explode. I've had several Harley baggers and hopped up pro streets over the years. I loved 'em. They do have a place. With what you posted above,that Honda...it's awesome. If Honda made the Busa,I would be on a Honda. As mentioned above,my bagger had to weigh close to a thousand pounds. I added so much chrome,a stereo with extra amps,speakers,blah blah blah. But comfortable for the long haul... :thumbsup:
We'll all be on something like that one day...
Rubb.

A natural progression is to gravitate towards such a bike...

They are a proven platform.

I find it ironic as we age and get weaker, we desire heavier bikes.
Heavier bikes (HD bagger's,GoldWings,etc) all have a low center of gravity.
Just like us old fugs. The butt starts to head south,the man b00b's point at the floor...what used to be our triceps...well, when we wave good bye to somebody that thing doesn't stop swaying for atleast 2 minutes.
A huge ol' Harley...Big,loud,fast,obnoxious and tough...like we used to be.:D
Now if you'll excuse me gentleman,its time for my Geritol,eat some roughage and take a nap.
Rubbery.

Heavier bikes (HD bagger's,GoldWings,etc) all have a low center of gravity.
Just like us old fugs. The butt starts to head south,the man b00b's point at the floor...what used to be our triceps...well, when we wave good bye to somebody that thing doesn't stop swaying for atleast 2 minutes.
A huge ol' Harley...Big,loud,fast,obnoxious and tough...like we used to be.:D
Now if you'll excuse me gentleman,its time for my Geritol,eat some roughage and take a nap.
Rubbery.

...until you load up the bags and throw a passenger on board....that changes the center of gravity up somewhat I reckon.

Unloaded they are pretty balanced though

...until you load up the bags and throw a passenger on board....that changes the center of gravity up somewhat I reckon.

Unloaded they are pretty balanced though
My last was an' HD FLHTCUi. Fully loaded with The House Mouse on the back...floated beautifully down the road. Carved corners no prob. Drag the pipes easy... :banghead: :laugh: it was the dope at the time. It was the 07,bigger motor than the year before,6 speed trans instead of 5,very cool. 0-60 in a couple minutes..but hey,they are what they are. I'd be in second going on 3rd before I got across the intersection.

Fun thou,Rubb.

It's a cool looking bike but I wouldn't give up a busa to own that. I guess if you're into touring bikes. I have no use for them. I'd much rather take a car if I ever toured.
Different segments of bikes stirs the soul differently IMO On a big tourer your out in the middle of nowhere with BOWIE pumping out of the speakers you are in the ZONE of bliss Same feeling on a powerful sports bike the adrenaline rush is ZEN :thumbsup:

Is the right answer...all 3. Wud I win? Is there a prize?
Just kiddin' Tet. I got off my Busa today,I thought my knee's were going to explode. I've had several Harley baggers and hopped up pro streets over the years. I loved 'em. They do have a place. With what you posted above,that Honda...it's awesome. If Honda made the Busa,I would be on a Honda. As mentioned above,my bagger had to weigh close to a thousand pounds. I added so much chrome,a stereo with extra amps,speakers,blah blah blah. But comfortable for the long haul... :thumbsup:
We'll all be on something like that one day...
Rubb.

I can honestly say with 100% certainty that I will never be on something like that... working at a dealership for three years saw me on too many cruiser-style bikes to count and I couldn't stand any of them. Not to slight those who do, it's just that the riding position is so alien and confidence uninspiring to me that I would never, could never get comfortable on one. Plus I hate the way they look.

I've owned a lot of different bikes (and still do, actually) and found that a standard bike like my old 2013 Bonneville is the easiest and most comfortable thing out there. When I get too old to fold myself onto a sportsbike, or get my leg over the stinkbug arse of a sports-naked, I'll likely be looking for something like that again.

Back