Yoshimura full system install

2Wheels2Live

Registered
I recently installed a TRS yoshi full system on my 03 coppertop. The system looks and feels well made and has a nice sound, not too loud but healthy. It was a pain to install though, the middle 2 header pipes are connected with a cross pipe and they didn't line up. I had to use the old chunk of wood wrapped in a shop towel with a rubber hammer to get them to fit. And the exhaust bracket under the bike was a mile off. I had to use a floor jack and clamps to get it lined up. The headers still aren't in all the way but they'll work :banghead: The system does look like a big step up in flow compared to the stock exhaust. The yoshi has nice tapered headpipes with much bigger diameter merge pipes and collector. Plus its a nice straight shot for flow right to the can. I haven't got to ride it yet because of the weather, but it should rock. Overall the sytem looks awesome and should work just fine, but unless you're a fairly experienced wrench it could be pretty frustrating to install. Definately NOT bolt on and go :banghead:

I'm happy that you got the exhaust you wanted but could you tell me how much I saved by not buying an exhaust that was not a bolt on and go set up? Aren't they supposed to be made (for) the Hayabusa?

Congratulations :beerchug: I always thought Yosh systems usually fit better than any systems on the market on Suzuki. Oh and I know your gonna get pics up soon right? we do have :rulez:

Congratulations :beerchug: I always thought Yosh systems usually fit better than any systems on the market on Suzuki. Oh and I know your gonna get pics up soon right? we do have :rulez:
Thats what I was expecting as well. Its not my first exhaust install so it was no big deal working with it. I used every trick in the book on it, its just not the best designed pipe fitwise for this application. But its on fine now and looks better than most, so I'm happy. I just wanted to share the install info so maybe some one who's less experienced or patient could avoid the possible hassles. If you've installled exhausts before, or are creative with tools it shouldn't be too big of a deal :laugh: But I have to give yoshi 2 thumbs down in the fitment department ??? and 2 thumbs up in the looks department :thumbsup: Sorry guys I don't have a digital camera and probably couldn't post pics if I did :banghead:

I think I would have sent it back if you had to do all that My Yoshi TRS System was a Nice fit. I had to tap the header just a little to get it to slid in but that is it every thing else lined up nicely. But also most after market exhausts have some type of fitment issues. Hell I installed an HMF High Mount that was one problem after another

I think I would have sent it back if you had to do all that My Yoshi TRS System was a Nice fit. I had to tap the header just a little to get it to slid in but that is it every thing else lined up nicely. But also most after market exhausts have some type of fitment issues. Hell I installed an HMF High Mount that was one problem after another
Like you said Rubber every system I've installed has has some fitment issue..but this yoshi was the worst. I read of another guy on here that had the same problem with the headers, he didn't want to finesse the system any, he'd never installed one before and was afraid he'd damage it. So he sent it back for another, same issue :banghead: . I'd thrown away the special blow in foam packing yoshi uses, I'd have to pay shipping back, wait who knows how long for the replacement, and I didn't want to have to uninstall and re-install a new system and buy another $40 set of gaskets just to get the same problem or worse over again. So I rolled with what I had :laugh: . I've heard nothing but horror stories about HMF installs ???

I have used 3 different exhausts on my Busa and the Yosh was hands down the worst fitting of them all.

I have used 3 different exhausts on my Busa and the Yosh was hands down the worst fitting of them all.
NOW you tell me that :laugh: I'm learning though :thumbsup: I do have to say that the build quality and performance design of the yoshi seems good. And it looks awesome :thumbsup: . If it fit decent it would be a superb buy. Its an R22 all polished stainless system, I only payed $724+change for it shipped. I stumbled across pics and a link on another site. At least you only have to fit it once (hopefully :laugh: )

NOW you tell me that :laugh: I'm learning though :thumbsup: I do have to say that the build quality and performance design of the yoshi seems good. And it looks awesome :thumbsup: . If it fit decent it would be a superb buy. Its an R22 all polished stainless system, I only payed $724+change for it shipped. I stumbled across pics and a link on another site. At least you only have to fit it once (hopefully :laugh: )

Sorry, lol......

Mine was worse than your experience. I got one of the 1st pipes produced in 1999 and I had to bend the mid pipe to keep it from hitting the turn signal.

Sorry, lol......

Mine was worse than your experience. I got one of the 1st pipes produced in 1999 and I had to bend the mid pipe to keep it from hitting the turn signal.
If I would have had to bend any piping it would have went back on the spot :disagree: As I was fighting the pipe to fit it I was thinking this is probably going to hit the frame, plastics ect :banghead: But suprisingly it clears everything perfectly...better than any other sytem I've mounted. I was shocked :shocked: The problem is with the 2 center headpipe bends, if they were right everything else would be gravy. If your reading this yoshi fix your headpipe angles and make sure the bottom bracket lines up, and you could have an excellent exhaust system :thumbsup: otherwise I can't recommend it :disagree:

Back