Yoshi pipe and PC3..

Vindaloobeast

Registered
Gents, some help please. I have a standard 2007 Busa (UK) and want to fit a USA Yoshi pipe but Im torn about the need to fit a PC or similar. I have been reading loads of info about dumping the PAIR valve and setting the bike up on a dyno but the theory is mixed. Some say not to change the fuelling others say its a must. Factory also mention this on their website relating to the velocity stacks.

I will give you some reasoning. I had a 1999 R1 and fitted a full Akropovic exhaust which was given to me by my former boss after he had completed some dyno work for his race team at the Akro factory. I was told to bolt it on and leave the fuelling alone. The bike went like stink...absolutely brilliant but it popped a bit on the overrun and shot flames out of the back. I thought this couldnt be right so I took the bike to a dyno place and had it set up. They did a nice job in as much as the fuelling/mix was right on but it really lost the performance edge and became very smooth. On the road riding it hard there was a marked loss of performance and top end. I should have left it alone.

What do you all think about the Yoshi full systems..?

Vindy.

I'm running a Yoshi TRI with a number of mods but before the mods I just bolted it on and that was it. I took it to the dyno (just because) and saw no change between the before and after runs to my air fuel mixture. It stayed at 13.2 (where I like it). I saw about an 8 hp gain but that was because it was dyno'd at 3300 ft. At sea level, or close to it, you may get 10hp. In my opinon the Yoshi TRI is the best Yoshi pipe to buy. Its a wide open race pipe, no baffle to speak of and no noise plug. VERY nice sound!!

Yes Ive been looking at the tri. Prices seem a bit expensive here compared to the states but the standard pipes just have to go.

Vindy.

OK, does anyone know of any USA Yoshimura deals going here in the UK..? Ive been searching pretty much all day and cant seem to find anywhere that will help me benefit from the exchange rate differences.

You guys in the States seem to be getting a good deal compared to the price structure here.

Im also torn about removing the PAIR valve. Is it worth it..?

Beast.

OK, does anyone know of any USA Yoshimura deals going here in the UK..? Ive been searching pretty much all day and cant seem to find anywhere that will help me benefit from the exchange rate differences.

You guys in the States seem to be getting a good deal compared to the price structure here.

Im also torn about removing the PAIR valve. Is it worth it..?

Beast.

Since you will be going with a full system. You might as well remove the pair valve. At least that way you will shave about 2-3 lbs off the bike.

Back