Yosh Tri-Oval

OB_Xen Racer

Registered
Does anyone know if you can use the RS-3 hi-mount mid-pipe and hanger on the Tri-Oval setup? I have called Yoshimura and cannot seem to get a straight answer. Some techs say yes and when the parts guy at my local bike shop went to order them, the tech told him no.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

#1)The TriOval pipe sold by YoshUSA is not the same pipe as you see on the Yosh Japan Tornado race bike. The Japanese pipes are NOT imported in the North America. For that matter the Yosh USA parts are exported to Europe.

Yoshimura Japan is a seperate company from Yoshimura USA, Yosh USA does import some product from Yosh Japan for the Hayabusa (all cams and pistons, includeing the $3000 fuel tank)

#2)The pipes offered by Yosh USA are a RS3 and a TriOval, and they share common parts. The header section and collector are the same part numbers (RS3 and TriOval).

The mid pipe (s-bend) and Canister (RS3 or TriOval)are differant, hence the name of the respective system.

Performance differance, 1% improvement in the midrange over the RS3. The TriOval also cost more.

The pipe on Rad Greaves #70 Formula extreme bike was the first production RS3 Titanium system produced. The RS3 system is the same pipe they relaesed in June of 99 with no changes to the system other than the TriOval option.

In regards to hi and low mounts the hanger and mid sections are differant for the respective canister/system.

#3)Yes, you should be able to mount a TriOval canister with a hi mid pipe/pipe hanger on an existing RS3.

Just remember as only the header and collectors are the same for all the Hayabusa pipes.
--------------------------------------------
You can verify this information by going to the Yosh USA web site, under FAQ there are PDF files for differant exhaust systems. If you download they files you can compare part numbers.

Download the files from the Yosh site and hand them to your parts guy.

You can purchase direct from Yosh if you place your order on the net.

Or call/email Cycle Stuff and see if he can help you out.

I just installed my Tri-oval last night...Damn it`s light and it sounds.........I dont know it sounds different? not bad just different than any other exhaust I`ve heard before...

Kawabuser,

Thanks for the detailed response. I am contacting Yosh on Monday to order the parts and will install them ASAP.

I will keep you posted.

gsx1300guy, did you get the stage 1 cams?

The YAFM box is here when you need it.

Your dealer just hosed my buddy on a new Red 2000 Busa. He has a Suzuki 7/11 for sale that he just went through, he is looking for $3500.

The cams are on backorder and should be here in three weeks,yosh said they have a new shipment coming in...I am really pleased with the pipes,they look like someone really spent some time on them.I cant believe"""ENFIELD MOTORSPORTS""" of Enfield CT would do such a thing.This is the information age and now is not the time to screw your coustomers.I read your other post...I cant believe those guys.Did he talk to the owner?She seems like she would help him out,she has always seemed fair to me.The new service manager is kinda arogent,I really miss the last guy :(.I am sad to say I will not be doing any more business with them unless they straighten up and hell knows I`ve made that place a few bucks.

Yosh will add a threaded adapter to the mid pipe for a few extra bucks if you want to add an O2 sensor.

Xen, it was easier than it sounded. Did you find the PDF's at Yosh USA site?

Back