Yosh R-77 Carbon Full Arriving Next Week

pulk

Registered
Ordered my full R77 from Greg/HPC (very squared away bunch up there). Should be here next Wednesday. Anyone have any wisdom to pass along with the removal/installation? Doesn't look all that bad really... Left and right fairings need to come off, then I should be able to remove all of the exhaust with a ratchet/extension and a couple allen wrenches?

Congrats, I just got the same exhaust and put it on 2 days ago. After the fairings, remove the two 10mm bolts holding the horn in place above the radiator. Now, place a rag on the back of the front fender and unbolt the radiator and oil cooler and two brackets(all 10mm bolts) and lean it on the fender. I also removed the two radiator fans for more room(6 10mm bolts and 2 wire harness). I used a 6mm hex-bit socket to remove the flanges, I'm not sure how easy it would be to just use an allen key. There's no trick removing the stock exhaust. You'll need one 12mm wrench or socket for a bolt holding up the exhuast underneath the bike. As for the install of the new system, the two middle headers were a little annoying because they seemed too close together, so a little straining was involved. I also put the springs on before bringing the headers over to the bike which didn't help. The flanges were cocked. So I took them off, then put them on at the end which was also a slight pain in the balls trying to reach the hooks. That's pretty much it for any head-aches as long as you get past the fairing removal/install.

Also, since the fairings were off, I decided to change the oil/filter. That factory oil filter was on f*cking ridiculously tight! I couldn't budge it with my little nylon strap socket, so I beat it with a hammer and flathead screwdriver 1 1/2 times around until it finally could turn by hand. WTF. Then you can't remove the oil filter. It's stuck between the headers/engine and oil cooler mocking you. I had to remove the oil cooler line on the right side of the bike to get it out. FYI, there's an o-ring in there, so be careful.

Then you can't remove the oil filter. It's stuck between the headers/engine and oil cooler mocking you. I had to remove the oil cooler line on the right side of the bike to get it out. FYI, there's an o-ring in there, so be careful.
Not sure why you had this problem. Just performed my first oil and filter change with no issues at all. Didn't even remove the fairing, just loosened the lower few bolts and clips. 30 minute job max!

Awesome pipe! You'll love it! If you're gonna take the baffle out, do it before you mount the can. I've heard of a few guy loosing the set screw inside the can and then having to take it back off to shake it out.

Good deal. Haven't really thought about whether or not the baffle will stay in. I will most likely leave it in I think. I enjoy it being quiet when I ride
tounge.gif
I put two bros slip-ons on my FZ6 a couple years ago and it was the most annoying racket ever. And tiring to endure. Listening to music with my shure earbuds on helped but not enough. Leaving it in won't cause it to backfire more or lose any smoothness will it?

im about to order the same exhaust where did you get it from ?how much was it ?how long it took you to do the job with oil change im gone do my exhaust when i do my oil change too

im about to order the same exhaust where did you get it from ?how much was it ?how long it took you to do the job with oil change im gone do my exhaust when i do my oil change too
I went with a guy here on the board that happens to be a board sponsor. I think it was around $950 shipped. I'm going to take my time but figure one pretty long night should be enough so long as I don't make any dumb mistakes. I have taken off the fairings and changed the oil a few times already so...

COOL i cant wait got mine on ebay for 910 shipped ,im doing the pipe power commander and bmc filter and thats gone be it for now thats $1500.

So I installed my system tonight. I pretty much followed BLUR's install and it went relatively smooth. I need to clean it up real good in the a.m. and put the fairings back on still... Anyway, the muffler clamp does not fit very snug. I can easily move the muffler around (not a huge amount, but still) and you can clearly see that the clamp is just not snug. I did correctly install the muffler/clamp to the right passenger peg using the stock assembly per the directions... I know it shouldn't be death grip tight, but should it not be snug enough to where you pretty much can't move it at all?

Cool, yeah mine is too loose then. Will post a pic up later, on my way to work. Wondering what can really be done to make it fit any more snug though.

I am going to ask a couple obvious questions so dont get insulted.
laugh.gif

You did put the rubber liner in the strap in between the can and made sure its evenly seated all the way around right?

When you bolted the top of the strap to the foot peg bracket the strap is completely closed meaning the two ends of the strap with the hole in it are flush up against each other right? Not on opposite sides of the foot peg bracket correct?

I am going to ask a couple obvious questions so dont get insulted.
laugh.gif

You did put the rubber liner in the strap in between the can and made sure its evenly seated all the way around right?

When you bolted the top of the strap to the foot peg bracket the strap is completely closed meaning the two ends of the strap with the hole in it are flush up against each other right? Not on opposite sides of the foot peg bracket correct?
I'm such a gimp. I bet the two holes on the strap are on opposite sides of the peg hole!
whistling.gif

Back