Yosh Full Exhaust & Filter Issue

vmaxbaby

Registered
I just put the Yosh full exhaust system on, took the bike out for the engine break in and now want to change the oil. Guess what the filter will not come out it is hitting the oil cooler line. I have held my mouth in every position possible but there is no way it will pass it. Any ideas on this and has anyone else had the problem ? Not sure what is easier take the line out or fool with the oil cooler radiator ? :banghead:

Yeah, you have to take that line off to get the oil filter out. I was a little ticked about that too after putting on my 4-1 yosh. Beware, there is an o-ring in there.

I have to take mine off each time too.
I was worried about the aluminum threads in the block getting loose so I cut off a couple of bolts, and lok-tite them in as studs, now I just have to take the nuts off to take off the line.
Mine is a Gen 1 but it should work for you too if you want.

From some pictures of other members on the site that have a different exhaust it seems like the down pipes have more room to get the filter off. This is a bad design problem for yosh if we have to go through all that to remove the filter. If you would ever screw up the threads going into the engine you would be so screwed. The speed shop that installed it is going to call them tomorrow and see what is up, the shop has been in business for 20 + years and he has never seen this before. I did not have this problem on my 05 busa and had the yosh full exhaust as well. I hate to put a flat spot on my pipe to get this in and out :banghead:

Other members that have the Yosh please post up if you know a trip to this. How painful is it to move the oil cooler so the filter comes out between pipes 2 and three ?

I took the lower oil cooler bracket off the 1st time and did the line method the next time. The oil line removal was much quicker.:thumbsup:

Have been doing the oil line removal with my Brocks' ShortMeg, also. Brock says you can also get the clearance you need by removing the bolt that mounts the pipe at the rear and letting it hang. Don't know if that'll work with the Yosh but it's worth lookin' at.

I see on the brock performance website they have a oil line that is braided and some what flexible. I am looking into that as well. Thanks everyone for the updates somewhere- someone must have an easy button :whistle:

The filter will slip out past the oil cooler bracket. Just unbolt the oil cooler from the bracket and push the bracket aside just a bit and it will pass between the 2-3 headers. No need to pull the lines off the cooler.

I have the same Yosh pipe. Unless you want to encourage an oil leak when you least need one I would NOT keep taking the oil line off. That oil O ring will eventually leak. Just take the oil cooler bracket off or move it aside, get the filter out in the middle of the pipes. Thats how I do it.

Awesum thank you for the great info... this is what makes this site a joy because no matter what the issue someone has already been there and fixed it. :beerchug:

Back