Yelled at a cager Sunday afternoon

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
My daughter and I were riding north on 101 after a great day riding hiway 1 thru Big Sur and then traffic was almost at a standstill. As we lane shared between the two northbound lanes I noticed a guy up ahead on my right flicking his cigarette ashes out his window. He and three others were out for their Sunday ride in his Audi so as I s l o w l y passed his car I suggested that he should try using his ashtray! As I looked around at him and saw the others inside, all with blank faces, I thought, oh well, in one ear and out the other. Felt good yelling at him though, for whatever good it did. Another less restrained person might have kicked his door or something...

That's a pet peeve of mine...I hate having my car, bike or myself hit by someone's cigarette butt...probably not worthy of beating his door in, but glad you said your peace
laugh.gif

(CBXRider @ Jun. 19 2007,11:31) My daughter and I were riding north on 101 after a great day riding hiway 1 thru Big Sur and then traffic was almost at a standstill. As we lane shared between the two northbound lanes I noticed a guy up ahead on my right flicking his cigarette ashes out his window. He and three others were out for their Sunday ride in his Audi so as I s l o w l y passed his car I suggested that he should try using his ashtray! As I looked around at him and saw the others inside, all with blank faces, I thought, oh well, in one ear and out the other. Felt good yelling at him though, for whatever good it did. Another less restrained person might have kicked his door or something...
Great example for your daughter! She must think you are the biggest guy that ever walked the earth!

Sorry,,, but it is this kind of mentality that will get you and your daughter killed someday.

What are you going to do - police the world from your incredible large ego motorcycle?

Mind you own business, next time someone might just point a gun at you and change your WHOLE LIFE!

wow.gif
Whoa Cookie...the guy didn't say anything horrible or make threats...we all lose our tongues from time to time while riding and I for one think he handled it pretty well considering what he could have done...I've said far worse in front of my kids and regretted it...nothing he said was bad, just true...

Jesus, Cookie! That doesn't sound like a typical response from someone who enjoys majestic mountains and birds singing in the spring.

Have you considered decaf - or perhaps a half dozen xanex?

(johnnycrash @ Jun. 19 2007,03:48) Jesus, Cookie!  That doesn't sound like a typical response from someone who enjoys majestic mountains and birds singing in the spring.  

Have you considered decaf - or perhaps a half dozen xanex?
Yeah, what he said. My daughter is 25 BTW and there was no threat to me or to her by my actions. Should I have waited until he threw the lit butt into my visor or under my helmet into my throat? Sheesh! WuzUbrawtupbadorsumthin?
rock.gif

I agree with Cookie....

Nah just kidding! Give em hell. That is a pet peeve of mine as well. If noone told them maybe they would never know. Maybe, just maybe you said that and they said to each other, "Wow I had no idea that upset people, I had better stop doing that."

Hey, you never know. I know if someone did that to me I would say that to myself. Of course I wouldn't display that behavior in the first case so the point is moot.

Way to go man. I consider that a good example for the kiddo even though she is 25.

All I can say is WOW!!! CBX I see your point of view but I also see Cookie's as well so let not jump on Cookie guys he is just voicing his own oppion as well and he is in some way right people these days are just not stable and could have very well pulled a gun on GSX and his daughter. But I also see GSX's point as well that cig could have done a great deal of damage depending on were you are at. So can't we all get along

Cookie when did you buy an Audi?
biggrin.gif
I see where you are coming from... Just think your tone was a little harsh.

Cbx: I agree with what you did but I am always very careful to start stuff when I am on my bike... But I am sure you are more than careful too.
Although I have been quilty like the Audi driver to...

I don't flick the butt out the window but I do strip the cherry off... Wow that is a great line if you are a pervert.
E

I witnessed  a woman open her door in a parking lot (Wally World) and dump the entire contents of her ash tray (which was considerable) on the ground next to her car.

What a tool...why even the ash tray to begin with.

BTW - riding down the Interstate last weekend, I saw a cloud of smoke rising up from the median. I thought big wreck, Uh-oh. As I got closer...no car just a fire. Cigarette butt anyone....

Also several years ago, the we had a huge 20 car+ pile up on the interstate. Huge smokey area caused several cars to slow down and whamo...as these cars stopped, visabilty was terrible and they kept piling up. Newspaper said smoke caused by cigarette butt someone a-hole threw out their window.

Bottom line, keep your trash to yourself or give up the habit.  
rant.gif

Okay, guys. I could take a bit cooler approach.

Sorry CBXrider. I wasn't trying to yell at you and I wasn't there.

Although I don't think I was totally wrong, next time I might say ' you never know what these cagers are going to do and maybe the best thing to do rather than comment anymore is just shrug and wave it on.

People are getting pretty crazy with their responses in traffic when they see a rider splitting anymore. It is almost like they are jealous of our advancing in traffic.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I don't say anything any more to people because you never know how someone will handle your comment.

There are too many nut jobs out there. We all see them everyday.

cool.gif
hmmm,, I do like the Audi S4 Avant,,, maybe I will go test drive one!
tounge.gif

OK well I guess I get to be the ass. You are entitled to your opinion, but if it was me (granted I don't have a convertable) my respose would have most like involved the words "off" and something else.

Granted I wouldn't have flicked ash on you because I am cognizant of the things around me, and have been hit by a lit cigarette before.

But it's my right to kick my ash out the window, and I throw the butts away in an ash tray so that I am not littering. I don't understand why people think that it's just an open field day on smokers in Cali. But that's just my .02

I carry a full ashtray in my tank bag and empty it into any car with an open window.

Is that wrong? Should I not do that?

(DAB @ Jun. 19 2007,16:12) I carry a full ashtray in my tank bag and empty it into any car with an open window.

lol. Nah, smokers don't mind.

Does your ashtray spill when you do wheelies?

poke.gif

~sigh~ I am possibly one of the more calm and patient of the people you will meet. That said here is my story...

In December of '05 I had an incident in which I am highly embarrassed to speak about. I do so that people will know that it can happen to anyone.

I was coming to an intersection in a merging lane to turn to the right when a late 70's Ford truck and mid 80's Camaro ran the light while turning left and drifted across the two lanes into my merge lane. The passenger in the Camaro throws his arm out the window and yells something.

At this time I had my bike about a month and was still getting comfortable with it's weight and handling. You will be glad to know that a Hayabusa can do a stoppie just as well as those other bikes. I had never done one and am perfectly fine with never doing another.

In fact I had the rear so far up in the air there was an almost overwhelming urge to sling my left hand into the air and give a "Whoo Yah!!!".

Well, the back tire comes crashing down to the pavement and my shaking legs steady the bike. I take a quick look at my situation and realize that there is absolutely no damage to myself or my bike.

I exhale and realize that I had been holding my breath. Then I look down the road and see the car's tail lights getting smaller as they race down the street.

That's when the anger set in.

I start my bike (must have shut it off somehow when grabbing the brake) and set off in pursuit. I catch the little punks at the next light and whip up beside them in the left lane.

I fling my kickstand down and swing my left leg over the tail of the bike (getting off opposite), pivot on my left foot and put my right boot into the side of the door. The punks inside looked early twenties and their eyes were as large as saucers.

I yell at them to get out, but they took off through the light.

Back on the bike I go. I guess they turned off to some side street because I lost them.

Two lights later I spy an officer in a parking lot of a supermarket. I dart into the lot and up beside him, get off my bike, grab my wallet, and thrust my drivers license into his hand.

He takes his other hand off his mace and after I finish getting my helmet off I tell him, "If some punks in a Camaro report that some biker was harassing them, this is who I am. I'll pay whatever fine as long as you let me know who they are."

To say he was taken aback would be an understatement.

About that time a lady pulls up beside us in a mini-van. She tells the officer that she saw them almost run me over and basically verifies my story.

The officer kept me there talking about bikes and such until I was sufficiently calm while he filed a report. Nothing ever came from it, but we figure it was some kids drinking and playing.

I could blame my actions on the divorce I was going through, job stress, or that there is never anything good on TV, but at the end of the day it wouldn't have mattered if I had got my hands on those boys.

Thankfully that didn't happen and I haven't reacted in such a manner since.

I post this so that maybe everyone will try to understand that even "good" people can lost their composure under the right circumstances.

(DAB @ Jun. 19 2007,18:12) I carry a full ashtray in my tank bag and empty it into any car with an open window.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
OMFG! I haven't laughed that hard in weeks.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back