YEAH.....my Busas home!!!!!

OB_Lofty Abuse

Registered
NOT HAPPY!!

Just changed the oil. The magnet on the oil drain plug was loaded with metal shavings.

After draining the oil, I ran two quarts of fresh oil through the system, re-drained and then re filled with Mobil 1. Hopefully, I flushed some debris out.

Looks like engine rebuild time soon. Oh well, I was looking for an excuse to do the head and add a set of cams.

Lofty how did they redegree your cams. Did you install adjustable cam sprockets. Or are the factory adjustable cam sprockets.
are you at home now?

[This message has been edited by carlitobusa (edited 03 August 2000).]

well, they fixed the dent in the exhaust tube. I gotta admit, they did a really good job, can barely see were it was dented.

Theyre ordering a new radiator, and theyre not happy bout that, but oh well, dont ding mine up then.

I buffed out the paint on the scratch on the front fender.

I went out riding for awhile, the bike seems to be runnung good, but overall, I'm really upset with their service.

Live and learn.

Figured it was bullsh@t. Just took a look at this supposedly new tensioner they put on my bike, NOT!
Three dots, just like the last one.
Plus the seal is leaking small amounts of oil from the idiots that put it on...ehehehe, never ends.

Just picked her up from the dealership. Man, am I glad to have it away from those idiots.

Well, she seems to be running OK. Gonna do a compression test today. If it looks a little funky, gonna take it to Blais to do a leak down.
They claim the brand new auto tensioner is on there. Where are the markings on the tensioner to tell the difference, should I be looking for four dots? My APE tensioner came yesterday, when I put it on tommorow, I'll take pics of the new one.

I'm still skeptical about there being no engine damage at all. They adjusted the valves and redegreed the cams and said they found nothing wrong, but I dont think that is as conclusive as a leak down, well see.

Gonna go change the oil and clean her, shes filthy from those pigs hands on her. :(

Lofty, I remaped my busa and it's cruisin now men. Went out for a ride with my wife she was in her kawi and on our way to Miami on I75 ran into 2 R1s. They had no chance. Took them 3 times. And they wanted more, but I had to leave. Its running much better on top now.

Don't forget to armorall the seat and tires!
If ya lift the tank ya should be able to see the dots right on top of it.
:) :) :)

Back