Just changed my oil.

Brianejay

Registered
I just got finished changing the oil in my 05 busa. Thanks for all the help and advice that you've given me.

I did however find some shavings on the magnet on the drain plug....my bike has already had one other oil change since new so this is #2. Is that normal?

I just got finished changing the oil in my 05 busa.  Thanks for all the help and advice that you've given me.  

I did however find some shavings on the magnet on the drain plug....my bike has already had one other oil change since new so this is #2.  Is that normal?
How many miles when you did the second oil change?

I did my first at 30 miles and had some silver colored "glitter"; my second one at 615 miles with a little less silver colored glitter; my third one at 2000 miles - no silver glitter.

I would say that by the next change you shouldn't see any on the plug or in the oil.
smile.gif

It's normal for the first few thousand miles to see some metallic particles on the drain plug
wink.gif

I changed my oil at 3500 miles. There wasn't much for filings; just enough for me to ask. Thanks for the feedback.

Brian

Back