changed lori's oil tonight

Busa_05

Busa Legend
Donating Member
Registered
I changed Lori's oil tonight in her SV. The drained oil didn't look bad. I changed the filter. Added three quarts of oil...then thought, "crap...her SV only takes about 2 1/2 quarts." So I dropped the drain plug, drained some oil out, added a bit of fresh to get it to the full line. Started the bike, let it run, balanced it and looked through the sight glass to check the level...and damned if the oil wasn't like a real light chocolate milk color. Anyone know what the heck this could be?

Possible head gasket blown or worse, cracked block, did you run it hot lately or something? Really aounds like coolant and oil mixing.

Wasn't hers the bike that went down a few days ago? I'd say either the force of it hitting the ground or the twisting if it tumbled either cracked the block or pulled the heads up a little. I'd take it to get checked out if I were you. Better to spend a few $$ now, than a bunch later.

rock.gif

Jason -
I'd take the SV to get checked out. Never a bad idea after a spill, 'cuase you never really know what internal damage you've done.
I had a smart comment about the title not being about bikes, but I'll keep it to myself.
wink.gif

Alright guys! Thanks for the help! I went out and looked the bike over this morning...the oil is back to looking like nice, clean, fresh oil...I called our shop and talked it over with the guy...I'm pretty sure it's that our garage is attached, but not heated, it was kinda cold last night, the bike only ran for about a minute or two and then we shut it off...condensation I think it was. The oil looks regular this morning. So I'm pretty sure all is well.

Thanks guys! Notice, I came here first with my worries...
tounge.gif

Back