Y'all right again

When I was pokin through some old posts I found from like 2 years ago that said throttle wheelies came easy, well I found out for myself(couldn't help it).
Just like I read it, load the front, crack the throttle and up she came smooth as butter, what a rush you can almost feel the blood rush to the back of head, wheeeee!! I couldn't stop gigglin' like a school girl, just finished breaking her in so I had to give it a go, what a naughty bike this is, took 10 years off myself, I feel young again, maybe alittle mid life thing going on, but it sure is fun.My kids think I'm nuts but I think they like it! Exciting!
Melbourne, eh? Right down the road from you in Vero.

interesting a month ago i posted about a clutchless wheelie yes im guilty was a little excited at the time and called it 12 o clock with a later post correcting this mistake and my post was called BS basicly calling me a liar which did hurt my feelings a bit . none the less i did correct my exageration about it being 12 oclock ( first time up it felt like 12 oclock) my friend rideing with me called it that .
anyway to set the record straight my Busa will rare up without clutch FACT belive it or not .
wink.gif
I remember that thread
laugh.gif

Anyways, I've been trying and have done it (not for long though). 1st gear, 5000 to 5500 RPM let off for about a second and hit it. If it didn't come up, try it again but hit it a little harder. Still didn't rise, try it again but hit A BIT harder than before. Keep this up, trust me, it will come up.

After watching Justin's video, I PM'd him and asked for some tips. He replied with some pretty detailed instructions. With his permission (hint, hint) I'd be more than happy to post it.
Would be nice to get those detailed instructions. As I posted in another thread I was trying them a little bit today, but with the given cross wind, and me still getting use to the acceleration I didnt get her up. Will keep trying, but Im slowly moving myself into this. Maybe I'm just to heavy, Im 5'11" and 215 ...but aint like Im a load or anything.

Another thing Im wondering about is with my YZ250 I would throttle and pull back on the bars a little and ride them wheelies, not sure if I even have to pull up while gasing the Busa, when I cracked the throttle at 6000 rpm she felt like I just unleashed a wild animal.....Yah, yah I been riding cruisers for a few years...give me a break.
blush.gif

wow, miss aday and theforum completely changes,

yeah bronc about 40 miles or so it's a nice ride although I don't get down that way too much.

Did see a black (02?)le in Cocoa Beach the other day, anybody know who that was?

When it is below 80 degrees, I don't think I can even keep the front wheel on the ground in first when on the throttle HARD.

I haven't gotten 2nd's up very far yet...but still learning.

Did a 3rd gear wheelie once though...going up a hill, one of the hills that kind of fall away and give you butterflies in the stomach in a car...came over in 3rd while on it hard and the front wheel came up (well...went straight anyways, heh) about a foot to 18". I was like
wow.gif
Then all I could do is
laugh.gif
and
smile.gif

interesting a month ago i posted about a clutchless wheelie yes im guilty was a little excited at the time and called it 12 o clock with a later post correcting this mistake and my post was called BS basicly calling me a liar which did hurt my feelings a bit . none the less i did correct my exageration about it being 12 oclock ( first time up it felt like 12 oclock) my friend rideing with me called it that .
anyway to set the record straight my Busa will rare up without clutch FACT belive it or not .
wink.gif
I remember that thread  
laugh.gif

Anyways, I've been trying and have done it (not for long though). 1st gear, 5000 to 5500 RPM let off for about a second and hit it. If it didn't come up, try it again but hit it a little harder. Still didn't rise, try it again but hit A BIT harder than before. Keep this up, trust me, it will come up.

After watching Justin's video, I PM'd him and asked for some tips. He replied with some pretty detailed instructions. With his permission (hint, hint) I'd be more than happy to post it.
Go for it!
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120762306 -->

wink.gif
I remember that thread  
laugh.gif

Go for it!
smile.gif
Cool! Here 'ya go peeps!

It's fun but dangerous so be carefull. The Busa is not well suited to stunting. With that said, in first gear get her up to about 6000rpm which should be around 35 MPH and close the throttle, then quickly roll it back on and it will come up. Once the nose is in the air (it will feel higher than it actually is) emediately shift into 2nd gear. The bike has way to much torque and staying in 1st will be impossible to control and will likely loop you. It will take some pratice and you will F it up more than you get it right but it will come.

When you screw it up or your ready to bring it back down roll the throttle back on strong when the nose is coming down. This will apply some lift to the front to soften the landing and have less chance of blowing fork seals. Keep in mind that once you get this thing in second gear you will be moving very quickly and excellerating as this is not a balance point wheelie. The balance point on the Busa is almost straight up and down and is almost suicidal to try but I have seen it done.

The other way to start and to get the feel of the front end coming up is to start rolling and stay in first gear. If the throttle is pinned at about 6000-7000rpm the front end will come up. Start slowly and work your way up farther and farther and longer and longer until you get comfortable with it.

Good luck and remember that if your doing wheelies it is not a matter of if, but when, you will crash. It is fun as hell though!
JT!
You gotta give me pointers on that. I have been trying to get my front wheel up for a while and can't seem to do so.

I'm 100% stock.

Thanks for the info...much appreciated. Learning a lot here, been using the search, and reviewing old threads when I can. Im sad to admit, but I've been reading this website everyday for the last 10 days about 8 hours a day...great info from everyone...Thank you.
wink.gif

when you shift to second i assume your not using the clutch.  just a quick blip?
Correct, no clutch. Listen to the video and you can hear me shift right after it comes up! If your not smooth, and it will take some practice, it will come back down after shifting.
smile.gif
Hey Justin. On the video, how far open do you have the throttle after you shift?

I get my front wheel up pretty high, but (as all wheelie rookies do) I close the throttle when it gets up there. I do pop the throttle a bit before the tire hits the pavement to cushion it a bit, but I want to try to hold my wheel up.

Back