First time red-lining a Busa in 2nd gear! Woo hoo!!!

1UP

Registered
Phew!!! Coming from 600cc's, I've never felt the power nor thought of the power a Busa can have, compared to a 600cc. I've been riding my Busa for a few weeks now since it has gotten warmer here in Minnesota and boy, did I have an exhilarating experience! The first time I did this on my Busa, I wasn't ready. I was at 60 MPH and downshifted (gently by rev-matching) to 2nd gear and applied about 80-90% throttle and punched it up to about red-line and I got a head-rush when I let off of the throttle and up-shifted to 3rd gear! Maybe it was because of the long winter and no riding for a while or something but I don't remember feeling this with any 600cc sport bike! It felt like there was so much geforce that I wasn't used to or ready for it or something and the sensation felt like a "head-rush." It was a great feeling though. I'm loving this bike's power!!!

adfaa.jpg

No, it wasn't winter, LOL.

Having power on demand is very satisfying. And exhilarating. Enjoy!

BTW, nice color scheme! I like all white, but yours with grey in the middle looks really nice and balanced as well.

I grabbed too much throttle in 2nd gear this morning and popped a wheelie "on accident".

Uh huh, yep, accident.

I have that same accident every time I merge onto the highway. We must be very accident prone.

i would suggest you be careful out there 1up. this aint no 600 little toy. I am glad you found a good gen2 bike btw.

What's even more amazing is it pulls nearly as hard all the way through 4th, a little less in 5th and 6th.

What's even more amazing is it pulls nearly as hard all the way through 4th, a little less in 5th and 6th.

+1.....redlining 4th is a head rush...just don't look at the speedo....its my favourite do it all gear.
Back when I had a GSXR 600 i changed to a Bandit 1200 with a few power mods....on paper not much more than the GSXR but the torque was close to double and it showed...no more bouncing off the limiter to overtake....then came a 2000 model Busa....caught myself one night soon after doing dopey speed and it felt like I was just having a relaxing cruise...been addicted to the Busa experience ever since.

I usually do WOT runs in 5th and 6th.

Normally in 5th I'd expect to be ~120 mph after a few seconds. I tried the same thing in 4th gear and I was doing 150. It's a significant improvement.

best part of the hayabusa, passing in 6th gear. you don't have to drop a gear to get around someone on a two lane, just roll on, count to three, roll off, and you're past.

No point in hitting the redline,
You find more ponys shifting up before then.

Wheelies don't harm the front end if you shift up and accelerate as the fronts coming down,
touches down much more gentle. Much less harm to the bike and risk to the rider.

Back