Yall may think im crazy...

good luck and take care of yourself!
bowdown.gif

You have to do what YOU feel is right. If you feel it in your heart, then by all means, go for it. Just be carefull!! Some of those people are CRAZY over there. But there are normal people and victims of circumstance.
Just watch yourself!
God bless you and all of our brothers and sisters protecting the U.S.
bowdown.gif

(BigSimp @ Sep. 25 2006,16:48)
rant.gif
So let me get this straight, you are volenterring to go into a hot zone, to do more for a country that is screwing its service men left and right.  Take it from a disabled Vet, combat is not cool, glorious, or anything one should be so eager or quick to jump  into.  I pray for all of those who are in it and hope they come home safely, but if you dont have to go, I wouldn't make a point of being there.  Hell most of my tour was spent in Bosnia, Croatia, Masedonia, and finally Kosovo.  Its sucked reall bad, and its was no way close to what those troops are going thru in IRAQ.  I wish you well if you do go, and I will pray for your return.  I as a former soldier, I support them 100%, but that doesnt mean I support a government that willing throws lives away for  causes that dont benefit the country.
I am in Sarajevo. You ought to see it now..
When were you last in the Balkans?

(V8N3T @ Sep. 25 2006,15:31) Hey yall, well I dropped my special request chit today requesting to be sent to Iraq. They send the people that are approved to a Army training site and give you a basic class on weapons 101, combat 101, gorilla war fare 101, etc. Then they send you to Iraq or somewhere in that side of the world. I am just wanting to do more for my country than I currently am, hope I get approved.
If you want to do more for your Country become active in Politics.
Then try to find the truth.
You will then think twice about having any part of things in SouthWest Asia.
Read up on US foreign policy actions around the world over the past 50 years, and unless you are diehard GOP you may feel differently about what we are up to in Iraq.
Just take a look at CIA under Bush senior, read a bit about Casper Weinberger and Bush in the early 1980's and check out the situation in Iran pre-Islamic revolution.

i appreciate what your deciding as long as its done for the right reasons,i am the end of my blood line and during the first gulf war i was in the first cavelry with a decision to make(i had to volenteer to go) i told my family that i wieghed the pros and cons and the bottom line was i was a soldier and my "other" family was going in harms way and i might be the right person, in the right spot, at the right time to keep someone else alive and that is what soldiering is all about, fighting for your country,and protecting your fellow soldiers back while doing the fighting!that being said i would not have done it for glory or for something to do and luckily our time over there wasnt anywhere close to what the guys are going through this time,like i said i do appreciate you and your service i just hope you have wieghed the pros and cons and are making this decision for the right reasons,my prayers are with you and godspeed if you go! and yes a man has got to do what a man has to do and being a marine you have to do what a marine does, so from a soldier to a marine if you go watch your back and kick some a$$ , if you dont hold your head high my family sleeps good at night knowing that the service men and women still here are well... still here, dont forget that you guys are here protecting us even though theres no bullets flying towards you,and if it was not for your protction here we might have those bullets flying towards us,thanks for your protection here and if you go again thanks for doing what marines do........kickin' A$$!!!!!!!!!

good luck,
                                                                         busacruz and family

kickass.gif

Be safe.
Thank you.
If you need anything when you get over there, let us know...

bowdown.gif
With the utmost respect THANK YOU!! You are a good man! Be safe and take care!

Been in combat 3x and I never volenteered!! I just did as any good Marine does, you go were told, do what your told, do your best at what ever job your doing, protect the men you lead, follow the men leading you, keep your head down, and always cover you six. OOOH RAH
rant.gif

So good luck, take care, shoot straight, shoot true, and do your best! Were all behind you to support you in anything & everthing you do!!
guns.gif

You are appreciated for your service to this Country and I wish you the best...I thank you...
smile.gif

...sliding over to random forum as well...

Back