Food for thought....

Subject: Some Facts

FACTS

There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq during the month of
January..... in the fair city of Detroit (Michigan) there were 35 murders
in the month of January. That's one American city folks, about as deadly as
the entire war torn country of Iraq!

Worst president in history?

The following appeared in the Durham, NC local paper as a letter to the editor.

Liberals claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war. They
complain about his prosecution of it. One liberal recently claimed Bush was the
worst president in U.S. history. Let's clear up one point: We didn't
start the war on terror. Try to remember, it was started by terrorists
BEFORE 9/11.

Let's look at the "worst" president and mismanagement claims.

FDR led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did. From
1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman finished that war and started one in Korea, North Korea never attacked
us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,333 per year.

John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never
attacked us. I think history might show Eisenhower committed the troops and Kennedy
was honoring that commitment. Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From
1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost, an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent, Bosnia never
attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three
times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush has
liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear
inspectors in Lybia, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and
captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people. We lost
600 soldiers, an average of 300 a year. Bush did all this abroad while not
allowing another terrorist attack at home.

Worst president in history? Come on!
The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking, but...
It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch
Davidian compound. That was a 51 day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less time
than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy
the Medina Republican Guard than it took Teddy Kennedy to call the police
after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in
Florida!!!!

Our military is GREAT! PASS IT ON.

Way to go Thrasher.

Along those same lines...

The found a nerve gas agent in a bomb exploded over there today.
mad.gif

Shouldn't we own that country already?
rock.gif

Some great points! I am sick of this liberal bullshit infecting our politics and media. A good deal of Americans can see through the crap they are being fed in the press and by the opportunistic politicians. Another segment of the population won't like the man or his actions no matter what he does. It's the lemmings in the middle, the so called "independents or progressives" that can be swayed by the bull. Independents don't have strong moral foundations that they base their belief's on, they wait to see where the majority is heading, and then just go along, IMO. When you think about it, most people after being informed about something generally need about two seconds to know whether it is right or wrong, they don't wait to see if their friends will approve or which way they are going on the issue. These are the people that can ultimately decide the presidency and the direction of this country, which is down right scary. Anyone that thinks these terrorists can be dealt with by anything other than brut force need to quite sharing the same oxygen the rest of us do. Just "talking" it out doesn't work. If they hate the most tollerant country in the world, then where else can you go with these guys.  
soapbox.gif

Good info bro, but we don't have Iraq and I think we're reminded of that everyday.  Guess Bush gets a bad rap being that 911 occurred during his presidency, which would lead to loss of jobs regardless of who is the president.  Still think something shady went on with the way the presidency was won (BUT MY GOD THAT'S OLD NEWS...I TOO WANNA SAY DEMOCRATS FIND SOMETHING ELSE) and if the roles were reversed the Republicans would also be utilizing U.S. propoganda to win over potential votes.  There are no good and bad when it comes to Republicans or Democrats, just the lesser of two evils
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084818048 -->

After making a combat parachute jump into norhtern iraq 26 march 2003 and spending a year in that hole, anyone who wants to talk crap about our pres. or anything that discourages the american patriot, can come find me... ill be waiting with 1299cc's. BIAAHHTCH!!
thanx thrasherfox.:angry:

Agreed 100%!!! I've had to state these facts over and over again to liberals that want to argue stats with me...makes my blood boil how ignorant some people can be!

You know, I hate discussing politics because everyone has their own opinion, and I'm not going to change them...nor do I even want to...

But, I keep wondering how in the world Al Gore would have handled this entire post 9/11 war against terrorism? I don't think he would have known what to do, nor would I feel good about him leading us in times such as these...he's just not a strong leader, hence (and argue if you must...chads, miscounted votes, Florida) he's not President...Kerry isn't looking too tough to me either...

I don't consider myself Rep or Dem...I just want a strong, fearless leader...

'nuff said...

Thrasher................way to get to the point!!! I'm with you 100%. The tragedy of all this is that instead of everyone rallying behind our elected leader(whether republican or democrat) the other party is always trying to trash whoever holds the office. Sometimes politics is the dirtiest word in the english language!!!!! Thanks for reminding us just how lucky we are to have the president that we do!!!

smile.gif

I also remember getting a phone call on the morning of Sept. 11th to get out of bed and turn on the TV...my girlfriend at the time who's father is a pilot for United had just finished his flight and turned the controls over to Victor Saracini. That plane was then hijacked and flown into the second tower. I remember being glued to the TV in complete disbelief for countless hours. We lost about 3,000 lives in one morning...there is no price too high to pay to make sure that a similar attack or even something much worse never happens again! What happened to "United We Stand"?...I think the democratic party has forgotten that morning.

I think the Dems are so hungry for power again that they have forgotten what freakin country their in. I know liberals are not all the same, but just the same, liberals should be ashamed right now. Muslims should be speaking up more condemning what's being done on their behalf and the liberals that don't agree with their fellow partymen should stand up and be counted.
mad.gif

To be honest with you I'll be voting for Bush this year, Not because he's from Texas but because he, in my mind, will be least likely to "bitch up" (pardon the french, if your offended please disregard, I couldn't think of anyway better to put it) and besides that, I have a pretty good idea of what Bush is going to do (and if I could I'd vote for him a third time just for that reason), from what I've seen and read of Kerry he's to wishy-washy for me. The man can't make up his mind

Back