thoughts on France

warwgn

Hi,I'm Dustin.Do you like my dancing
Donating Member
Registered
French Military History in a Nutshell

Gallic Wars: Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, an Italian.

Hundred Years War: Mostly lost, saved at last by a female schizophrenic who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare - "France's armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchmen."

Italian Wars: Lost. France becomes the first and only country ever to lose two wars when fighting Italians.

Wars of Religion: France goes 0-5-4 against the Huguenots.

Thirty Years' War: France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.

War of Devolution: Tied; Frenchmen take to wearing red flowerpots as chapeaux.

The Dutch War: Tied.

War of the Augsburg League/King William's War/French and Indian War: Lost, but claimed as a tie. Deluded Frogophiles the world over label the period as the height of French Military Power.

War of the Spanish Succession: Lost. The War also gave the French their first taste of a Marlborough, which they have loved ever since.

American Revolution: In a move that will become quite familiar to future Americans, France claims a win even though the English colonists saw far more action. This is later known as "de Gaulle Syndrome", and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare: "France only wins when America does most of the fighting".

French Revolution: Won, primarily due to the fact that the opponent was also French.

The Napoleonic Wars: Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule!) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer.

The Franco-Prussian War: Lost. Germany first plays the role of drunk Frat boy to France's ugly girl home alone on a Saturday night.

WWI: Tied and on the way to losing, France is saved by the United States. Thousands of French women find out what it's like not only to sleep with a winner, but one who doesn't call her "Fraulein." Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline.

WWII: Lost. Conquered French liberated by the United States and Britain just as they finish learning the Horst Wessel Song.

War in Indochina: Lost. French forces plead sickness, take to bed with Dien Bien Flu.

Algerian Rebellion: Lost. Loss marks the first defeat of a Western army by a Non-Turkic Muslim force since the Crusades, and produces the First Rule of Muslim Warfare -"We can always beat the French." This rule is identical to the First Rules of the Italians, Russians, Germans, English, Dutch, Spanish, Vietnamese, and Eskimos.

War on Terrorism: France, keeping in mind its recent history, surrenders to Germans and Muslims just to be safe.

Again... that's some funny stuff.

all_coholic.gif

Kinda SUCKs to be of French descent,
sad.gif
 right about now!!!!! Not much to be Proud of!!! Good thing I was Born in the USA!!!!

hahahahaa can't ya make a list SIMILAR to this for ANY country though? I guess the french are such wimps they are easy to pick on, wi?

I'm 1/4 or 1/8 french so I can talk like this

(WWJD @ Sep. 26 2006,13:36) hahahahaa  can't ya make a list SIMILAR to this for ANY country though?  I guess the french are such wimps they are easy to pick on, wi?

I'm 1/4 or 1/8 french so I can talk like this
Make a lost like this for any country?

uhhhh naw.. dont think so..

FIRE ZEEE MISSLES!!!!

Can’t recall the movie but there was a line in there something to the effect of “ The bloody French would rather make love with their faces than go into Combat like menâ€￾? Somebody help me out here.

Those French are sure some funny characters...
I think I was born with some French on me, until the Doctor removed it...
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

(bigoltool @ Sep. 26 2006,15:05) Can’t recall the movie but there was a line in there something to the effect of “ The bloody French would rather make love with their faces than go into Combat like menâ€￾? Somebody help me out here.
That is a Line in 'the Patriot' with Mel Gibson!!! That is pretty funny, True!!! but Funny!!!!

(bigoltool @ Sep. 26 2006,16:05) Can’t recall the movie but there was a line in there something to the effect of “ The bloody French would rather make love with their faces than go into Combat like menâ€￾? Somebody help me out here.
That was, "Last of the Mohicans." Great movie, great line.

Those of you using Pilot Powers, remember, they are french made. FYI.

--Wag--

Let's not forget why we celebrate Cinco de Mayo: The Mexicans threw France out of their country. The Mexicans were armed with pitch forks and shovels.

Way back on my Mom's side of the family there were some french Huguenots. The French government bought them a few hundred acres of land in Tennessee and deported them.

(Wag @ Sep. 26 2006,15:27)
(bigoltool @ Sep. 26 2006,16:05) Can’t recall the movie but there was a line in there something to the effect of “ The bloody French would rather make love with their faces than go into Combat like menâ€￾? Somebody help me out here.
That was, "Last of the Mohicans."  Great movie, great line.

Those of you using Pilot Powers, remember, they are french made.  FYI.

--Wag--
THATS IT!!!! Thank you for the Correction.

Another positive is that Renault does build a decent championship winning F1 car (I actually still want Ferrari to kick their tail).

Back