Xenon HIDs..

casualdreamer

Registered
Ok, I think the Busa Gods have finally decided that I was worthy of a gift. I have a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee that has some Startech package on it from Germany. Well, long story short. One of the driving lights went out the other day so I went to Advanced Auto Parts to get a bulb. My luck they didn't have because it was from Germany. Well, had to buy new driving lights. :sneaky2: So I went with the 3in after market ones. I went to switch them out and noticed that there were these 2 Xenon HIDs inside the housing with them. They came on when I hit the fog lights. Well, there were no holes for the HIDs in the aftermarket lights. So I am thinking hmmm... These can possibly go on the mistress and save me a few hundred bucks. Pics are to show where they hid the ballast on the Jeep and are these the same as the other kits I have seen so many with... Are these compatible...

100_0835.jpg

100_0834.jpg

100_0833.jpg

100_0836.jpg

100_0841.jpg

100_0069.jpg

In principle yes, but I'm certain that there is going to be some wiring issues.
As well, that doesn't look like an H7 bulb.

It think you'd wind up spending $200 to save $100, so to speak.
:(

I kept the original wiring that the dealership had spliced into the main line that ran power to the Ballast. So I am going to take the nose off and see if anything looks fimiliar.

I have complete Xenon setups from Lexus and Mercedes. Both are complete mind you but to make either work I will have to modify the light bulb housing, and I'm not sure I want to do that.

I have complete Xenon setups from Lexus and Mercedes. Both are complete mind you but to make either work I will have to modify the light bulb housing, and I'm not sure I want to do that.

Actually it isnt that hard.. I have the same setup Mercedes and a lexus setup in mine. Nowhere else can you go with 25k HIDS that i have found. Very little mods were needed.

Yea just took the nose off and look at the housing and tried to see what I could do. There would have to be some serious moding to the housing in order to make it work. That sux:banghead:.. I guess I am going to have to just order the kit. Thought the sun had finally shown on this stressed out rider. But hey its all good is anyone in need of a HID kit like this. I will send it out as long as sending it doesn't cost me and arm and a leg...:thumbsup:

Back