Would you run this rear tire at the Fall Bash coming up?

Be on the safe side replace it, will it make it, probably would, but why take the chance.

I want to get this straight.... tire manufactures test every model car, truck, motorcycle their tire can possible be installed on.
So.. Firestone for example makes a car tire and tests every car made their tire will fit?
Or they just tell the car manufacture what PSI to post in there manual and on the door sticker?
The car manufacture has no input on the recommended tire pressure?
Same as motorcycles as you state. Suzuki posts the PSI for all of there bikes based on what the tire manufacture tells them?

Boy, did I have it wrong. You sure know your stuff.

Tires are no different than brakes...they are contact source for friction to an applied surface.

Does EBC require each manufacturer to test the psi of force directed to the pads? No. That is because it is a given that friction will cause the vehicle to stop. Each vehicle because of its difference will stop at different speeds because of the vehicle, its mass, weight and inertia. That is variation caused by the vehicle. Firestone puts out specs that state their product has operated and produces best results at "X" psi. That is due to force by gravity being placed on the tire and the compound in that tire helps create friction. The same variables that affect brakes also affect tires. However, changing from what the manufacturer has tested to be best for that tire, feel is not the best performance of the product.

You might be able to buy a Pinto and pump it full of nitrous and make to run with a mustang. But in the end, the Pinto was never designed to run with that Mustang, changing it merely lowers its dependability and life span. The same goes with tires....

Drag racers run their rears nearly flat to get the most contact patch for a launch. Track guys are also lowering psi, forcing heat into their tires and basically melting them to make them "stickier". If you want to run your tire this way...its your money to waste and the other people assumed the implied risk of the possibility of people doing stuff like this. However on the road, I recommend against it...

The tire should pass, but what about the removed fender/reflectors?

For North Carolina as long as the tag has a light above it, and it out in front of the rear tire and not tucked back in.

However I see a lot of tags up under the rear tail.???

Tires are no different than brakes...they are contact source for friction to an applied surface.

Does EBC require each manufacturer to test the psi of force directed to the pads? No. That is because it is a given that friction will cause the vehicle to stop. Each vehicle because of its difference will stop at different speeds because of the vehicle, its mass, weight and inertia. That is variation caused by the vehicle. Firestone puts out specs that state their product has operated and produces best results at "X" psi. That is due to force by gravity being placed on the tire and the compound in that tire helps create friction. The same variables that affect brakes also affect tires. However, changing from what the manufacturer has tested to be best for that tire, feel is not the best performance of the product.

You might be able to buy a Pinto and pump it full of nitrous and make to run with a mustang. But in the end, the Pinto was never designed to run with that Mustang, changing it merely lowers its dependability and life span. The same goes with tires....

Drag racers run their rears nearly flat to get the most contact patch for a launch. Track guys are also lowering psi, forcing heat into their tires and basically melting them to make them "stickier". If you want to run your tire this way...its your money to waste and the other people assumed the implied risk of the possibility of people doing stuff like this. However on the road, I recommend against it...

Huh? :confused2:

Well, tires certainly look different than brakes to me. The last time I checked a tire it had load capacity at X-PSI stamped into the sidewall indicating this tire is designed to carry this load capacity at this PSI. No where does it mention anything about friction. I've never even read anything from a vehicle manufacturer mentioning a relationship between tire pressure and friction.

Logic at work again?

Tires look pretty good, you could always take the parkway out there and that should save some of the middle. The road 2's and bt016's are on different ends of the scale. What are you looking for out of a tire.

Without a functional rear brake...you will never be allowed on the track :rulez:

you haven't convinced them of your theory yet? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You can't engage in a pleasant discussion with this guy Rich. His entire support structure is based on his view of Theory and Logic. You will never get anything out of him supporting his ramblings. His favorite cliche when he no longer has anything of value to say is "Logic says you are wrong"!

*insert curse words*

warmed up the bike to ride on this rare 50 degree day...

pulled out my street onto the back road...made it 10-15 feet...not sure if cold tire or gravel bit me. Lowsided....

Right panel is rashed, mirror is screwed (planned to replace it anyhow no biggie), slider is ground and its dropping oil on the ground....figure I cracked the clutch cover.

Sounds like time to put it away for the winter.

no worries guys...it is a gixxer.

??? Your so up on your tire info you pulled out on a 50 degree and managed to cold tear a tire? Sounds like your the man for the job on advice for sure :whistle:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/101798-finally-crashed.html

I do just fine. I don't set out on a ride that I know is going to be dangerous. Same reason I don't crash in the woods on my gsxr, I realize its no place to be taking such equipment. All I'm saying is for the most part your tire info as been well wow..

It gets cold here too bud, not need to travel north to ride in the cold

Thinking about this some more, since your a tire expert how it is you don't know the difference between a cold tear - a tire that has the surface heated past where the carcass is heated and actually tears. Or sliding away on a surface that has no traction. Another thing to point out is your bike ridden like a reasonable person does not make that HP off idle. So either you were being a hoon and launched spun and wacked the ground or your story is more or less BS. Feel free to call me out again though because its painfully obvious I am the one here in need of motorcycle education. :poke: :stoopid:

Last edited:
yep I took 230 rwhp hp out on a jan morning and either cinders or cold roads bit me... I had the option to leave the throttle closed but not the ABILITY....
I wouldn't expect you to understand power and what happens sometimes.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You can't engage in a pleasant discussion with this guy Rich. His entire support structure is based on his view of Theory and Logic. You will never get anything out of him supporting his ramblings. His favorite cliche when he no longer has anything of value to say is "Logic says you are wrong"!

I know Steven, and the board also knows that he is not here to help the membership in anyway (unlike the majority of the good people on this site). He is not a 'rider', there are all sorts of variables in the real world of riding that we use to help us survive the elements, and get the most enjoyment out of our machines. He can only concoct his flawed theories in his own head because he does not have the 'real world riding experiences' that the members are discussing in the threads. He needs to jump in and just ass up the threads and tell everybody how wrong they are when 'he' doesn't have anything to offer other than hate...it really is sad that someone needs to act so childish.

Back