Would you run this rear tire at the Fall Bash coming up?

Greenbean

Registered
Whats up guys and gals,

As you may know I am the guy who lost my license for a year due to NC and a 104 in a 65 issue.:whistle:

Another long story, :stoopid:

Well I get my license back on the 22nd of Sept then off to my first Bash come that weekend. Thur-Sun at the San Ran.:cheerleader:

I have 3970 miles on my 08 Busa and was wondering about the rear tire. I have to get the bikes state INSP on Tuesday the 22nd. Will this tire pass and also I am wanting to run it for the Bash because she has some side tread still remaining and I could use it up then look into my replacements after I get back.

Thanks for looking and also, I am taking a trip in Oct to Orlando and will for sure replace the rubber before that trip. The local dealer wants me to buy a set of Mich Pilot Road2's but I am leaning towards the BT016's

Comment away. The stock mufflers will be removed by Bash time, :rulez:

Reartirea.jpg

Reartireb.jpg

Reartirec.jpg

Plenty of tread left on the sides...how many miles will you need to do on the highway ???

The pics may not do it justice, but I don't see where it would not pass inspection...at least in this state.

How many miles do you plan on riding at Bash time? Might make the deciding factor. Personally, I'd put a few more on it myself.

Again, the pics may not show it being as bad as it is...I know mine didn't.
I was going to post a picture of mine the other day and didn't because in the picture it simply didn't look that worn.

I would ride that then get a new tire after. I don't like putting a bunch of highway miles on a brand new tire, because I like to get an even wear.

It will definitely pass inspection.

And I'd say with those 6" chicken strips you have :whistle: :poke:............you should be just fine for the 3.5 days at the Bash. :laugh:

J/K :laugh: Nah...seriously Zack. You look good to go brother. No question I'd replace them after the Bash though. We are going to be putting in some serious seat time while we are there! :cheerleader:

And I'd say with those 6" chicken strips you have :whistle: :poke:............you should be just fine for the 3.5 days at the Bash. :laugh:

J/K :laugh: Nah...seriously Zack. You look good to go brother. No question I'd replace them after the Bash though. We are going to be putting in some serious seat time while we are there! :cheerleader:

Brian is SO funny, :rofl:

Thats cool guys, I just wanted to be sure.

Another quick question,

What tire pressure are you guys running on your Gen2's The book says 42psi no matter what. ???

Brian is SO funny, :rofl:

Thats cool guys, I just wanted to be sure.

Another quick question,

What tire pressure are you guys running on your Gen2's The book says 42psi no matter what. ???

36 psi +or- 2 on the street :beerchug:

Don't make me come out there,

:snap:

Just kidding. I look forward to all the seat time I can get.
:please:

Last edited:
Personally if you don't know much about tire tread and is planning to run hard, corner, or even possibly wheelie her. Better safe than sorry; spend the money on new tires. First thing I put on my bike is new tires new exhaust. Always keep the stock item for emergency reasons. I run Perilli CorsaIII

0_IMAGE_195.jpg

Wow, why the difference, just curious what I might feel.

36 is fine...if it was a cold damp day I would drop a couple of lbs, so the tire
was a little softer and heat up a bit more easily. You might like it at 38 psi
better. 34-38 psi front and rear is what I prefer for the twisties...Suzuki says
42, but they have to for liability reasons. For highway use and two up riding
38-42 is best :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Id say if it passes inspection run it. At the bash your gonna be on the side way more than the middle. And if you do end up needing a tire im sure wheeler or someone at the bash will change it for ya.

Personally if you don't know much about tire tread and is planning to run hard, corner, or even possibly wheelie her. Better safe than sorry; spend the money on new tires. First thing I put on my bike is new tires new exhaust. Always keep the stock item for emergency reasons. I run Perilli CorsaIII

Thanks, I am not planning on anything hard at all. I have been off of her for a year and will have had my license back for a few days, gotta keep it that way, lol. Just wanna use some side tread up to help justify the new set of rubber.

36 is fine...if it was a cold damp day I would drop a couple of lbs, so the tire
was a little softer and heat up a bit more easily. You might like it at 38 psi
better. 34-38 psi front and rear is what I prefer for the twisties...Suzuki says
42, but they have to for liability reasons. For highway use and two up riding
38-42 is best :thumbsup:

I feel you, I'll experiment before the Bash and see what I like around town and whatnot.:thumbsup:

buy the tire now and take it to the bash if you can. If you need it, (flat) it is there.
can be mounted at Wheelers or in the parking lot if someone (John) has a tire machine.
Hunting a tire in Robbinsville will take precious riding time and you may have to settle for a tire you don't want at a price you will not like.

An hour and a half from home at 100 mph,,,,, you will be into the wear bars by the time you get there.....

If you have the cash.... spring for a new one....jm2cents

Nothing feels nicer then a new skin.:thumbsup:

Back