Would you or wouldn't you?

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
...to buy the 06' model right now, but I'm so damn curious about what Suzuki has in store for the 07' model. Surely Suzuki has to have big changes in store w/ the arrival of the ZX-14, but I'm also skeptical about the first edition blues if there is a major overhaul.

If you had the patience to wait, which I do (going on 7 years now), would you wait for the 07' or get the 06'?

You have been waiting for SEVEN years....for what
rock.gif

What if the 07 is radically different and you don't like it...

You have been waiting for SEVEN years....for what
rock.gif
Okay, I've been wanting one for 7 years. I haven't been sitting on a pile of cash to buy one for 7 years. Have $10+k saved up to date.
With the new house, new car, getting married, etc. during that time the money wasn't available. You could buy 4 Busas w/ my wife's wedding ring (no kidding). Debt free now other than the usual mortgage and car loans. But I was $30k in the hole at one point.
So now that you know answer the question.

Just what changes (that you can use) do you think they are going to make? You planning on racing it in stock form, full bore for money
rock.gif
? If not, the changes will mean NOTHING to you if you buy one now. Doesn't bother me that some on this site have 250 and above HP with Turbo Charging. I would NEVER use that power anyway. So, what do you think you are going to lose out on ? Except a new body style !

I heard they are making a 1500 cc busa for 07. Now I haven't seen anything on it so I guess we have to wait and see. You know suzuki can't let the kawi-1400 be named the fastest...

Just what changes (that you can use) do you think they are going to make? You planning on racing it in stock form, full bore for money
rock.gif
? If not, the changes will mean NOTHING to you if you buy one now. Doesn't bother me that some on this site have 250 and above HP with Turbo Charging. I would NEVER use that power anyway. So, what do you think you are going to lose out on ? Except a new body style !
Not looking for more HP, it's fine as it is for me. Hell, they could use the same engine as far as I'm concerned. I would simply be looking for new style, colors, wheels, etc.

The 06' colors they have now are played out and I'm not crazy about the LE. I do like the blue/silver when modded w/ coordinating colors.

Just don't want to buy an 06' and then go awe shoot I love that all blue 07' model a few months later.

I heard they are making a 1500 cc busa for 07. Now I haven't seen anything on it so I guess we have to wait and see. You know suzuki can't let the kawi-1400 be named the fastest...
What's your source for the 1500cc mark? 1500cc just means the insurance is just going to go up and maybe add some weight.

Buy Now if you like the bike. You can't bank on anything...who can say for sure there will be a change for 07, or for that matter if you wake up breathing on Saturday.

I heard it from a guy who yes has to have to most horsepower bike. Bragging rights I guess.. To me I love the busa just the way it is. I am not a horsepower expert but it can't be too many more horses from 1300 to 1400 or 1500 that a little more mods can't help with. The busa has a sweet look to it that is probably why suzuki hasn't changed it in 7 years other than change colors..But yes each year they have new colors so I see what u are saying. Don't the 07 come out towards the end of the year, so really u just have a few more months to wait...

I heard it from a guy who yes has to have to most horsepower bike. Bragging rights I guess.. To me I love the busa just the way it is. I am not a horsepower expert but it can't be too many more horses from 1300 to 1400 or 1500 that a little more mods can't help with. The busa has a sweet look to it that is probably why suzuki hasn't changed it in 7 years other than change colors..But yes each year they have new colors so I see what u are saying. Don't the 07 come out towards the end of the year, so really u just have a few more months to wait...
If I'm not mistaken I believe the 06' model was out in September.

Anyone know how much it costs to have bodywork repainted w/ custom colors (nothing crazy)?

listen, if you have been waiting for 7 YEARS....what the hell is the problem with waiting a few more months? and when the 07's come out and you decide you dont like them, then what the hell is the problem with waiting a few more months for the 08's
jump9.gif
and hell, if you decide you dont like the 08's.......
biggrin.gif

listen, if you have been waiting for 7 YEARS....what the hell is the problem with waiting a few more months? and when the 07's come out and you decide you dont like them, then what the hell is the problem with waiting a few more months for the 08's  
jump9.gif
 and hell, if you decide you dont like the 08's.......
biggrin.gif
Har-har...hardy...har-har. Read the posts...I've been wanting one but reasons for not pulling the trigger are given.

Save more money (while keepin an eye on the 07 design), buy a used 02 or 01, Use the left-over to create a monster.

Bore out the bugger and add a turbo.

Why not get a clean used one. You can find them all day long with zero mods and you will save a bunch of money doing so. This way if you decide that the '07 is the one for you - you don't lose a wad selling the one you have to get it - like you would walking into the dealers to get an '06 right now. They are identical from 2000-2006.
I dont know if your looking for someone to talk you into it or out of it - but I can tell you this - September is many great riding days away. Too many for me not to be riding for sure.

So, that said.... #### or get off the pot.

Oh and a paint job will go for a couple grand for anything good unless you have a hook-up.

Well if you weren't in the south, I would probably say pull the trigger so you can ride this season however.....

Since you can ride pretty much year round down in FL, I would def wait and see if the 07 is something you want. I could never buy the first year something comes out. To many chances for problems but if you want to be the first on the block with it, you will have to take that chance.

If you just can't go without ridding this year, buy now and then in two years get one of the 08 BUSA's and hopefully any problems will be sorted by then....
cool.gif

Buy. Now. Why deprive yourself of any enjoyment between now and . . . . whenever???

Seriously. Would you actually enjoy the '06 less if the '07 came out and was radically different in some way? Probably not. You're overthinking this one, boss, and you appear to have analysis paralysis.

Frankly, I'd take the $10K and buy some property somewhere but that's just me!

--Wag--

Back