would it work HEAD CAM COMBO advice!!!

Yes hp is a formula derived from rpm torque and 5252 so hp may appear still up but the torque curve declines rapidly. Compare where that one begins making torque and where it declines vs this 1441 I built with 415/395. Just eyeball the curve. Bear in mind this build had a while lot more $ in it and this was before we spent time cleaning up the map. Very conservative dyno

Yes hp is a formula derived from rpm torque and 5252 so hp may appear still up but the torque curve declines rapidly. Compare where that one begins making torque and where it declines vs this 1441 I built with 415/395. Just eyeball the curve. Bear in mind this build had a while lot more $ in it and this was before we spent time cleaning up the map. Very conservative dyno

15907206126898934679148640495436.jpg

Those big of cams likely won’t gain much hp with stock compression. They likely will push up peak hp/tq a few hundred rpm, but not to 13k. Yes you could spin it that high but power will likely be falling off the edge of a cliff like a rock.

The gen 2 flows better then a gen 1, but still not by much. Only reasons turbo motors make power to 12.5k rpm is because the air is being forced in so that overcomes limitations of head flow. That’s why compression is key with big cams the pistons pull more vacuum on the intake valves before they open. And only then your next hurdle is intake runner flow.

With all that said the stoke of a busa engine is +10mm more then the new liter bikes. That really dictates how much rpm you can turn before stuff starts breaking. Gen 2 cranks by nature are horribly unbalanced. IF and I say IF it were to make power to 13k+ I’m almost certain you’ll see excessive bearing wear if you don’t fold a rod up first.

Wow!!!!

So im looking at this all wrong smh, basically im trying to compare apples to oranges smh

So its better to build an all motor busa for torque instead of max horsepower??? reason being a 1441 build is so common??? am i correct???

Im asking???

This is basically proving what yall have told me so many times, "why scream a busa" theres really no need... Those dyno charts are insanely torquey, everywhere....hmmmmm?

Wow!!!!

So im looking at this all wrong smh, basically im trying to compare apples to oranges smh

So its better to build an all motor busa for torque instead of max horsepower??? reason being a 1441 build is so common??? am i correct???

Im asking???

This is basically proving what yall have told me so many times, "why scream a busa" theres really no need... Those dyno charts are insanely torquey, everywhere....hmmmmm?
This a stock head, cams, 9.0:1 turbo engine. Even with low compression they still make torque forever.

A busa engine is going to make torque everywhere just based off its design. Yes a 1441 is going to make even more torque because you’re going with a larger bore but keeping the same stroke. And as long as you have at a minimum the cams to support the larger displacement, the hp increases will follow.
Stock, a gen 2 is a 65mm stroke, 81mm bore. The 2020 gsxr is a 55mm stoke, and a 72mm bore. The shorter the stroke the higher an engine will rev and last because the big end rod angle is less extreme. Because there’s less rod angle, you can use a lighter rod... better for revs. It still has a relatively large bore compared to stroke, you you can use respectively larger valves then a busa to support air flow at 15k rpm...

There’s a science to all this. Turning more rpm in a engine won’t do crap for power if everything else isn’t in place to support the added need of air volume, and mechanical stress.

Put a turbo on it.

Well, that torque is a byproduct of the length of the stroke. One of the reasons why the busas and zx14s can be very hard to set up in an unprepped dig environment and the 1ks piss us off. Especially if you are not that big of a man, that tire is going to wanna break loose. Ive got my new dedicated unprep busa just starting at 17/39 and I am 165 bike is 61". Ive got lots of work to do still. That 1k is much easier to control with a considerable less amount of torque. They are making hp by rpm.

Well, that torque is a byproduct of the length of the stroke. One of the reasons why the busas and zx14s can be very hard to set up in an unprepped dig environment and the 1ks piss us off. Especially if you are not that big of a man, that tire is going to wanna break loose. Ive got my new dedicated unprep busa just starting at 17/39 and I am 165 bike is 61". Ive got lots of work to do still. That 1k is much easier to control with a considerable less amount of torque. They are making hp by rpm.

Exactly why I have a short stroke hi revving engine in my no prep/radial car.

This is the strongest 1441 ive ever made that i could by budget afford to build. Unfortunately i don't have a copy of the dyno sheet that i can find just this pic. Dynos are relative, however this build had smaller cams and a slightly tighter ring gap than the other. The other one i posted before i opened a little more for nitrous. By track time i can tell you shifting over 11k will result in slower ets on this motor.

strongest1441.jpg

Wow!!!!

Im asking???

HI. Why not build a 1507cc?Set up the right way, it will make a great street motor.

Back