• 181-185

• 186-190

• 191-195

• 196+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Go Go

Registered
Hello peeps!

Wanted to get an idea of how much power I would be looking at getting out of my engine build(to the rear wheel). Below I will provide all the mods and settings to the best of my abilities. I don't have the degree on the cams nor the thickness of the head gasket. So those two details will be the variables. If I didn't mention anything, most likely wasn't upgraded.

- So we have an '01 Busa Engine
- Stock Gen 2 crank
- Port and Polished head (work done by RC's Performance)
- Heavy Duty valve springs
- 378/395 Web Cams
- 13.5:1 Compression
- PC5
- AutoTune
- Running on 93 octane
- K&N air filter
- Airbox Mod
- HMF full exhaust(heatwrapped)
- 10"-12" stretch with a 190 Michelin Pilot Power 2CT rear tire
- -1 Front Sprocket/+2 Rear Sprocket

I think that is all. Like I said I don't have the cam degree or the thickness of the head gasket but it should be running around 13.5:1 compression. The bike should be out soon so we can see who got the closest to the actual number...

Pic of the bike for attention.

12541134_1215801338433972_3510278524336928045_n.jpg

1busa

Registered
Yeah I agree..... And unless your HMF if the Big Bird version those pipes don't make much power either

Go Go

Registered
You know, the bike came with the hmf exhaust and at first I didn't like it. But they have grown on me. I think they're sexy how the sit so high... maybe in the future I'll upgrade to a brocks but right now I can't find the excuse to spend over a grand for 2-3 horsepower, if that. Specially knowing mine works just fine. I went ahead and gave it a face lift.

PhotoGrid_1461334862463.jpg

B n s racing

Registered
You know, the bike came with the hmf exhaust and at first I didn't like it. But they have grown on me. I think they're sexy how the sit so high... maybe in the future I'll upgrade to a brocks but right now I can't find the excuse to spend over a grand for 2-3 horsepower, if that. Specially knowing mine works just fine. I went ahead and gave it a face lift.
I received had a tiwinder installed with a tune at boosted cycle performance and picked up 7 rwhp!!!

Go Go

Registered
7 horsepower from stock I believe it. I highly doubt I will get 7 horsepower over my current exhaust system. And even if it did, 7 horsepower for $1200-$1400 is a bit excessive for me. Besides everyone has a sidewinder and every single one of my buddies that have it have a hard time leaning to the right. I'd rather get nos system, 40 shot at the most and call it a day.

B n s racing

Registered
7 horsepower from stock I believe it. I highly doubt I will get 7 horsepower over my current exhaust system. And even if it did, 7 horsepower for $1200-$1400 is a bit excessive for me. Besides everyone has one and every single one of my buddies that have it gave a hard time leaning to the right. I'd rather get nos system, 40 shot at the most and call it a day.
Well I can understand the money aspect, but that 7hp was picked up after removing a full yosha exhaust. Your also right about the turning right to. But all we do is run the strip.

Go Go

Registered
Well I can understand the money aspect, but that 7hp was picked up after removing a full yosha exhaust. Your also right about the turning right to. But all we do is run the strip.
Yeah, I like to do a little bit of everything(sometimes commute to work and back, canyon runs, twisties, etc. ) so I"m not a big fan of the sidewinder. Ill keep this exhaust until it falls off or until I decide to make this my designated track bike(which I don't see it happening unless I get something else to play around on the streets).

Go Go

Registered
the stretch won't help your #s. I voted
Yeah, I'm aware. I think I would like to switch back to stock wheel base from time to time so i can enjoy me some twisties and canyon runs and slap the swingarm back on for the strip and roll racing...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bigron Its all about the down force I guess! Gen II Busa Information 10
rubbersidedown casually mentioned video games to a buddy and guess what? Random Thoughts 9
nosbig Guess what i found? Random Thoughts 22
c10 I guess its Good by Pro bolt :( General Bike Related Topics 42
Slowstang305 Pumpkin carving... guess which one is mine? Random Thoughts 1
Vetteman761 Guess what I will be doing soon! General Bike Related Topics 29
J Gen 1 To A 1397 Guess The Hp Difference General Bike Related Topics 22
Tufbusa Guess what folks? Bend over, spread your cheaks, It's Coming! :-) Random Thoughts 50
keene757 I didn't know where else to post a pic of my bike but I guess this will do! Appearance mods 25
D Guess What?!?!?!? Random Thoughts 7
D I'm very humbled..... Guess who's not a slick back anymore Random Thoughts 5
08phantombusa Going to Schnitz Racing tomorrow for my dyno any guess on #'s General Bike Related Topics 17
HOOKDADDY guess who's getting Dipped Busa Mods 16
Twobrothersbusa So..guess what I just did. Random Thoughts 20
captain Guess who's back! Tiger Racing Random Thoughts 19
Hayabusawannabe Guess it had to happen at some point General Bike Related Topics 20
MC MUSTANG Guess what the Smacktalk Fairy left me? Random Thoughts 24
NCBusa2001 Guess what I got!...TURBO-CHARGED two-door with 134 HP. Random Thoughts 19
Lurch I guess I need to re-read the rule book!!! Random Thoughts 31
Kento-Moto Guess Location General Bike Related Topics 10
1ibandit can you guess what I did? General Bike Related Topics 17
sledhead guess who's back in the saddle again? Random Thoughts 26
skydivr Uhh...guess which one is mine... Random Thoughts 25
NC-BusaMan08 What city am I? Post a scenic view of a city and let other guess her name... Random Thoughts 2
twotonevert Well, guess I am ready. General Bike Related Topics 34
Fastfrog007 Guess what I've earned? Random Thoughts 21
Loomis Guess WHO is stopping by Raleigh NC... South East Riders 14
Kento-Moto 100 years of Chevy's and guess what ... ? Random Thoughts 15
Brew City Busa Guess who turned 50 today... General Bike Related Topics 13
bowhunter84 Guess what happened....... General Bike Related Topics 8
1ibandit Guess what I just got.. General Bike Related Topics 12
kromdom Guess who the Westboro wackos are planning to disrespect now? General Bike Related Topics 23
R Nice day riding BUT guess what happened? General Bike Related Topics 34
ResidentEvil Guess what this is General Bike Related Topics 20
0 So I guess not all Busa owners are friendly.. Random Thoughts 29
RACER_X Guess i'm getting old General Bike Related Topics 29
B Guess who's back General Bike Related Topics 0
Twobrothersbusa Guess who's bike... Random Thoughts 18
B Guess what i'm doing tonight General Bike Related Topics 25
Fastfrog007 Guess the sprocket General Bike Related Topics 10
busa186 Guess who has two thumbs and a SMOOTH dash General Bike Related Topics 19
GsxrBots Paint question. I guess... General Bike Related Topics 17
1ibandit Dressed to Crash... Guess what... General Bike Related Topics 32
GHILLIE Our Porous Board-guess who is coming to dinner- Random Thoughts 1
Bruce Bell Guess what's this is in my garden. General Bike Related Topics 17
red1100cc new blue windscreen...guess it's about time General Bike Related Topics 14
S guess what i just got?! Random Thoughts 11
B Guess what I stepped into today..... Random Thoughts 27
Kento-Moto Ok, guess what this ... ? Random Thoughts 24
BigBSBusa Guess Who I Saw Today? General Bike Related Topics 45