Worst night EVER last night.. VaBs you'd agree...

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
So last night I get to finally wash my bike after last weekends road trip. It had some rain involved, so she needed a good 'ol fashioned bath.

I realized I had my tank bra on (I only put it on for road trips) so I needed to take it back off before I wash it...

So I have to take off my seat! I have to remove the seat bolts! Arrrghhh.. It took forever!

Oh well, so I put them back in after lifting the tank, and I go to take off my SWMotech rack which held my topcase on perfectly for 1100 or so miles.. Guess what... I drop a socket and it rolls down by the battery.. :banghead:

Now I have to take the seat off again! Arrrrghhhh!!! TWICE IN ONE NIGHT!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Worst night ever...

Sure wish Omslaw and McMustang would've been there.. :whistle:

Taking off 2 bolts to get the seat off twice is your worst night ever? ??? Wish I had your luck. :laugh: You must have gone on depression medicine when they stop offering full service at the gas station. :rofl: Prozac? Zoloft? :whistle:

Just wait till you drop one of the washers from two tanks bolts into the netherworld!
Took me three hours to find it. Had to take half the bike apart!

So last night I get to finally wash my bike after last weekends road trip. It had some rain involved, so she needed a good 'ol fashioned bath.

I realized I had my tank bra on (I only put it on for road trips) so I needed to take it back off before I wash it...

So I have to take off my seat! I have to remove the seat bolts! Arrrghhh.. It took forever!

Oh well, so I put them back in after lifting the tank, and I go to take off my SWMotech rack which held my topcase on perfectly for 1100 or so miles.. Guess what... I drop a socket and it rolls down by the battery.. :banghead:

Now I have to take the seat off again! Arrrrghhhh!!! TWICE IN ONE NIGHT!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Worst night ever...

Sure wish Omslaw and McMustang would've been there.. :whistle:
:laugh: Bots, you a crazy one. Removing the seat is the easiest thing to do on a busa......I use to pull the seat a couple times a winter to charge up the battery, it literally took me a minute or 2 at most.
Are you messing with us ??? :laugh:
If not, I'm assuming you don't remove you're own bodywork then? :lol:

Just wait till you drop one of the washers from two tanks bolts into the netherworld!
Took me three hours to find it. Had to take half the bike apart!

Man, what kind of demonic Busa's do ya'll have? ??? Cause even if you dropped a washer where would it possibly go to? Really you are on the outside of the frame for the seat bolt, and the only thing below it would be the belly fairing that is if it happened to fall into the bike. I don't know but maybe ya'll shouldn't be drinking and wrenching on your bikes at the same time. :whistle: And chances are that washer probably rolled to the other side of the room on the floor. :laugh: Does suck though when you look and look for something somewhere you know it had to go but then find it later somewhere you would have never expected. :banghead:

Oh come on!! MCMustang, VaBs, nor Omar have seen this yet?? :banghead:

The inside joke is regarding the quick removal seat pins. Omar was busting VaBs chops for not having them, and we were busting Shawn and Omar's for how much work it ISN'T to take off two bolts. :moon:

130134084985.jpg

I ought to invest in the quick release seat and tank pins as much as mines apart :whistle:

Worst i did was in a rush one time, got off the bike and my key chain got caught in my lanyard for the tether kill, snapped it right back outta my hand and wedged the key up front between the side fairings and the inner plastic infront of the radiator...That was a fun fishing trip:banghead:

I just put a peanutbutter moonpie under my seat. Then whenever I have to remove it I am excited because there is a treat waiting for me> So, you took your bra off you had been wearing for a long road trip so you could wash your Busa topless????

4 bolts and its worst night !! Damn , you ve got a real short " things that make my night worse " meter.:laugh::laugh:

I just put a peanutbutter moonpie under my seat. Then whenever I have to remove it I am excited because there is a treat waiting for me> So, you took your bra off you had been wearing for a long road trip so you could wash your Busa topless????

:worthless:

:laugh:

Man, what kind of demonic Busa's do ya'll have? ??? Cause even if you dropped a washer where would it possibly go to? Really you are on the outside of the frame for the seat bolt, and the only thing below it would be the belly fairing that is if it happened to fall into the bike. I don't know but maybe ya'll shouldn't be drinking and wrenching on your bikes at the same time. :whistle: And chances are that washer probably rolled to the other side of the room on the floor. :laugh: Does suck though when you look and look for something somewhere you know it had to go but then find it later somewhere you would have never expected. :banghead:

Like first or second time I took em out. I didn't realize there were washers on tank bolts.
Pulled the bolt and a washer slipped right down and under tank and proceeded to tink tink tink like plinko on the price is right. I literally heard it like three or four times. I lifted tank and saw nothing.
Took off fairings and finally found it. And this was only because I forgot to stick the K&N sticker on top of airbox :)

Back