woodpeckers, pregnant wife, and the flu

warwgn

Hi,I'm Dustin.Do you like my dancing
Donating Member
Registered
So after a long hard week I start getting sick on friday and can tell it's gonna be a bad cold or something. Well as soon as I get home the wife starts in on me to do something about our pesky little friend the woodpecker.

This wood pecker war has been going on for about 6 months now and i thought I had finally won when I filled the hole it put in our roof with expanding foam. Havent head a single peck for weeks but now it's back with a vengence and on a mission to drive my wife crazy.

Anyway I know i wont get any peace unless I do something, so I get some chicken wire and the handy dandy staple gun and block off the hole to keep it out of the roof untill I can get it fixed for real. This bought me about 10 min, and sure enough the knocking began again.

Well by this time my wife has become a crack shoot with the BB gun and goes out to shoot woody, and she does. Keep in mind this is my very first BB gun and is about 30 years old so it no longer has the power to kill anything so woody flies away a safe distance and waits about 20 min and comes right back. This routine continues untill it gets dark.

Saturday morning I wake up with a killer headache and burning feaver so I'm down for the day. To bad woody didnt get the memo and he starts the day off with a barrage of pecking
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
So now my prego wife is raging on a hormone trip while trying to take care of me (which all I really wanted to do was sleep it off) and keep woody shot up with the BB gun. As you can guess it's hard to sleep when your wife and a woodpecker are at war on your bedroom wall!!

This continues on through sunday with the exception that woddy has got smart and takes off when he hears the door open, so now the pregnant lady has to try and sneak
ices_rofl.gif
that didnt work too well when she is waddling. Finally it got dark and I got some quiet and some sleep.

Monday morning I am ready to go to work, the alarm goes off and about an hour later I get up and my head is pounding doubletime, so I called in and went back to sleep. As you may have guessed by now the next thing I hear is woody making sure we are awake. After about the third time of my wife stomping around to go outside I had enough. I went out and pulled the screen off the bathroom window so she can just lean out and pop the sucker at will.

That plan worked great, not only could she lean out with out woody hearing or noticing her but she could get a better shot at him. She nailed his AZZ about 5 times in a row during the next hour howling with laughter each time, guess she was getting revenge for the last six months.

So today I feel better, but when I get up and let the dogs out there is about a foot of snow on the ground
AAAssjani.gif
and it's still snowing and not supposed to stop untill tonight or tomorrow. I am behind at work so I had to come in but look like we might get sent home early. So how was your weekend??

laugh.gif
I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you!
poke.gif

Yes some video of wifey with the BB gun would have been great!

sorry.. this has to be one of those internet stories that gets passed around, it is too hularious!!

Dayum... I can almost envision your wife laughing hysterically as she shoots woody lol

Oh man!!! that's a great story... LOL.

This snow is going to get good this afternoon from what I can gather from the weather channels. Rolled in, closed the interstate, dumped snow out by you, completely avoided the west mesa area round Albuquerque and slammed into the Sandia's and is dumping like now one has seen in a while... meanwhile they are saying the storm will continue to roll in and the snow will start to come across town and dump on the west mesa this afternoon or tonight. We could be having some fun!!!

Good luck with the headache and the woodpecker.

I used to rent a basement apartment in Fountain CO... When I was stationed at FT. Carson... My landlord used to wake me up almost every morning with the sound of shotgun blasts trying to kill those little bastids. He usually only killed the house. You have my deepest sympathies
tounge.gif

(monster @ Dec. 19 2006,06:39)
laugh.gif
I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you!  
poke.gif

Yes some video of wifey with the BB gun would have been great!
+1
jump9.gif

Great story! Had me laughing out loud with the mental picture. I can relate with the pregnant wife and the flu bug. I've got both in the house right now... Luckily it's been just the kids but after cleaning up puke all last night I'm sure I'm next. Ahhh, the joys of parenthood.

(BA BUSA @ Dec. 19 2006,12:17)
laugh.gif
Quit messin' around...get out the 12 gauge  
guns.gif
had the same thing two years ago.had a nest full of them.the twelve guage worked on the whole dam family in one shot.but the 500 buck fine for discharging a firearm in the city ruind the day.i guess the woodys got the last laugh on that one
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I have a .410 you can use if you like! Just don't get it impounded is all. Should do a lot less damage to the house!
biggrin.gif

Great story, man. Glad you're feeling a little better.

Still snowing a little bit right now but it stopped during the night. I think we're up to about 8 inches now!

--Wag--

if it comes back I may have to take you up on that
beerchug.gif

Back