Won't Start...need help

Blackbird99

Registered
I just got my busa back from the shop where I had it tuned and new tires put on. The bike started fine at the shop and I rode it onto my trailer and strapped it down.

I drove home and went to take it off the trailer and it wouldn't start. When I turn the key on, the lights come on and the needles sweep as usual. The red light on the temp gauge is on and the needle rises and pegs out. "Check" is on the gear position indicator is on but the F1 light isn't on and it doesn't even try to crank.

I disconnected the battery for about 15 minutes and tried again with no change. Anybody got any ideas what could have happened when trailering it.

I'd start with the kickstand switch. Also, you may want to check the battery. It may have enough power to sweep the gauges and prime the system, but it takes a lot more to turn the engine.

Check

Kick Stand switch (already mentioned)

Switch on the clutch lever.
Kill switch on the right hand side handle bar.

Check battery for amperage out put?

What year bike? How many miles? What mods? How old is the battery?

Check

Kick Stand switch (already mentioned)

Switch on the clutch lever.
Kill switch on the right hand side handle bar.

Check battery for amperage out put?

What year bike? How many miles? What mods? How old is the battery?

Ding Ding Ding you hit it sir. Apparently the needles do this when the kill switch is in the off position. I couldn't sleep last night because this was bugging me and was just thinking of anything that could be hit or pinched by a strap and it hit me that I didn't check the kill switch. I didn't know that the kill switch in the off position caused the temp gauge to go wacky since I have never used it. Boy do I feel like an idiot. :banghead:

Back