won't idle right...wtf???

swimmer7946

Registered
I got an 05 with ivan's tre and a pc3 with a stock pipe and map(ran outta cash for an exhaust) I notice the bkie was having a stumble when i cracked the throttle at about 3k rpm. i read somewhere to make sure my idle was correct and to possibly reset the throttle position with the laptop... i warmed the bike for about 10 min and used the pc tho set the idle and reset the throttle position. now the bike doesn't stumble but when i come to a stop and put in neutral wit hthe clutch disengaged, the rpm's rise to about 1800 and drop back to 1200 when I pull the clutch. TRE prob?? Maybe I need yo synch the TB's. Bike has 10500 showing. any suggestions?
rock.gif

You can do the same thing the PC, cut them out and see if the problem is still there.

My idle sticks for a about a second (or 2) at about 1800 then drops to the dialed 1100. No TRE. TPS set via PCIII. IMO you don't need a TRE with a PCIII unless you want the top end limiter removed. Also, unless you have a custom map, I don't think the standard Dynojet maps are going to compensate for the TRE.

She starts, she moves and she gets me back home. So she sticks a bit...

GL

Had a similar problem,
Removed the TRE and put in a fresh set of NGK plugs and the problem went away...

Back