Fast Idle Adjustment

Chieftan

Registered
Never mind. Finally found the relevant thread to solve the problem. This group is great.
Recently purchased a 2005 Busa. The idle was set to about 900 rpm by the previous owner (wanted the bike to sound a little like a Harley I guess).

I have reset the idle to about 1300 rpm per the manual (1050-1250) but the fast idle, which should read around 2000 rpm when engaged, cranks the bike to the same as normal idle--about 1300 rpm.

Is there a separate adjustment for the fast idle as compared to adjusting the idle screw for normal idle? A second circuit perhaps? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Yes, but the RPMs vary depending on all those factors. How cold/hot is the bike, weather, etc. Mike will be along soon to help :laugh::thumbsup:

Hey Chiefan.
Welcome!

:welcome:

Here is the instructions you need.
Good Luck!

Fast Idle.jpg

Clean the carbon out of the throttle bodies, that'll most likely fix it right up. You'll have to reset your base idle, but that's easy enough.

Never mind. Finally found the relevant thread to solve the problem. This group is great.
Recently purchased a 2005 Busa. The idle was set to about 900 rpm by the previous owner (wanted the bike to sound a little like a Harley I guess).

I have reset the idle to about 1300 rpm per the manual (1050-1250) but the fast idle, which should read around 2000 rpm when engaged, cranks the bike to the same as normal idle--about 1300 rpm.

Is there a separate adjustment for the fast idle as compared to adjusting the idle screw for normal idle? A second circuit perhaps? Any help would be appreciated.

Fast idle is supposed to be set @ 3,500 rpm :thumbsup:

Back