No fast idle

jrmsr

Registered
year 2000 with TriOval exhaust, 34,000miles
installed the PAIR removal kit
took throttle bodies off, and checked valves, all within spec
reinstalled throttle bodies, set open and return cable play, tried to start
fast idle does not work and even when finally warm (by holding throttle), and set for 1150 without fast idle, the idle is very ROUGH, never been like this.

If I set the idle to 1150 with just open and close cables, then the fast idle cam does not come anywhere near the roller it is supposed to hit to increase idle speed.  If I adjust the idle speed nut to allow fast idle cam to hit roller, then idle speed is 500rpm or less, and engine stalls.

Something amise, and I cannot see how removing the throttle bodies, and just re-installing, could cause all this.  

Any ideas appreciated, rough idle, with no chance of getting fast idle cam working.  Something is causing such a low idle that I have to increase the idle speed screw to the point where the fast idle cam will not hit roller.  Something causing low / rough idle.

Did you re-attach all the vacuum lines? I forgot to put the little skinny one back on the rear of the tank, ran like you describe, fouled the plugs so bad it wouldn't even hit on ether. Re-attached the line, changed the plugs, runs like new. Just a thought, but I would check them all out.

Did you re-attach all the vacuum lines? I forgot to put the little skinny one back on the rear of the tank, ran like you describe, fouled the plugs so bad it wouldn't even hit on ether. Re-attached the line, changed the plugs, runs like new. Just a thought, but I would check them all out.
thank you very much.  I checked and checked, and thought I had them all.  The IAP sensor vacuum line was off, really hard to see.  Made all the difference in the world.  Now idles at 1150, with idle screw moved back where it was, and allows fast idle cam to work.

Back in business, thanks again.  

Jim Morrow
Union, MO
'00' RT + dual plug + bunkhouse
'00' BUSA + 15hp
'05' KLR650 + big fun factor

nice shot Brownie...

Back